MegaAGS Game Saving [Solved]

rhester72
Top Contributor

MegaAGS Game Saving [Solved]

Unread post by rhester72 »

If using the MegaAGS hard drive images, when playing a preinstalled game (example: Stunt Car Racer), is it possible to save your progress? (I can save reliably in-game, but once I exit the game and start again, my progress and save are lost.)
rhester72
Top Contributor

Re: MegaAGS Game Saving [Solved]

Found the answer, self-replying to help others in the future - you have to hit the WHDLoad Quit key (usually Del) after saving to exit and flush the save to disk. If you quit the core, the save won't happen.
bengmo

Unread post by bengmo »

I'm currently searching for help setting up an amiga menu system of some sort where I can launch the games from a hard drive image for faster loads and no disk swapping, any advice?
rhester72
Top Contributor

Wouldn't know how to do so from scratch, but the Internet Archive may have something interesting here: https://archive.org/download/everdrivepack/.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

I have the MegaAGS but couldn't get it to start. I've set it up as "boot.hdf", following some advice. How did you get yours working?
rhester72
Top Contributor

If you copy the two config files from the config directory to \\mister\fat\Config, the rest should be plug-and-play. MegaAGS.hdf will be IDE 0 primary and MegaAGS-Saves.hdf will be IDE 0 slave, with MegaAGS-Kickstart.rom as Kickstart.

The full, detailed instructions (including tweaks to MiSTer.ini) are detailed in the README in that archive.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Ah! I see now...I thought I was being clever and have downloaded only the big .hdf file from the archive, not the whole thing. I've got everything now, plus the readme, so I should get it working no problem later. Thanks for the tip.