minimig resets itself when using workbench

juanjerez

minimig resets itself when using workbench

Unread post by juanjerez »

I did the update_all recently. it happens to me a lot that when I am using workbench I try to run some game or program the core restarts by itself for no apparent reason. I have tried to delete the minimig configuration files again but the problem persists. This has been happening to me since recently. Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? What could be the reason?

rcade

Re: minimig resets itself when using workbench

Unread post by rcade »

The simulated Amiga resets, or the whole core?

juanjerez

Unread post by juanjerez »

the whole core

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

juanjerez wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

I did the update_all recently. it happens to me a lot that when I am using workbench I try to run some game or program the core restarts by itself for no apparent reason. I have tried to delete the minimig configuration files again but the problem persists. This has been happening to me since recently. Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? What could be the reason?

Sounds like a power supply issue. Try changing the power supply to see if it persists.

proteque

Unread post by proteque »

This sounds very familiar. But my problems are hitting a bit harder. I made a post about something similar today. however it also happens to AO486 for me. This is the post I made in the newbie-forum. Is it the same?

After an update the mister started crashing when I loaded cores with diskfiles (hard disk files). Not sure where the size limit goes for the problem but lets use minimig as an example: minimig with a 100mb image ran for ... a little while. but with 10 gig image it crashes before it is done loading AmigaOS (about halfways).

What happen is that the mister crashed (completely) and then reboots into the menu. I have been logged in through ssh when it happens and the linux part crashes too.

My first thought was the SD card so I bought a new one and downloaded mrfusion and started over from scratch. Tried with new known working disk images and copied them over. but still the same. the mister crashes. I then ran a memory check. everything fine with the memory as well. I then tried having the disk images on a usb disk. same problem. I have ran out of options to try.

I also tested another PSU just in case something happened to that one and it rebooted due to not enough power.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

proteque wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 pm

This sounds very familiar. But my problems are hitting a bit harder. I made a post about something similar today. however it also happens to AO486 for me. This is the post I made in the newbie-forum. Is it the same?

After an update the mister started crashing when I loaded cores with diskfiles (hard disk files). Not sure where the size limit goes for the problem but lets use minimig as an example: minimig with a 100mb image ran for ... a little while. but with 10 gig image it crashes before it is done loading AmigaOS (about halfways).

The limit might be 4GB, that is a common limit.

desin24

Unread post by desin24 »

Backup your config folder
delete your old *.cfg file
start the core and generate a new config

hope it helps