IO Board 6.1 Jumper Question

foldor

IO Board 6.1 Jumper Question

Unread post by foldor »

I recently picked up an IO Board 6.1, and I wanted to know what the jumpers on the board do. Most specifically the on in the lower right corner of the picture below near the IO Port. I heard there's some jumper on the board to switch the fan from 3.3V to 5V, but I can't find any documentation on this board anywhere.

io61new.jpg
io61new.jpg (176.16 KiB) Viewed 9938 times
rickdangerous

Re: IO Board 6.1 Jumper Question

Unread post by rickdangerous »

By your photo is the green jumper, near to the fan connector. In that position is set to 3.3v (silent).

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

foldor

Unread post by foldor »

What about the blue header? Or the white one for that matter? Do you know of any place that documents these things? It even took me a while to find someone talking about the SOG switch being for Sync on Green, which came in handy when I was hooking up via Component.
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

The white jumper cap near P3 (5 pin external header connection), when removed assuming the trace on the board below is cut disables all your status LED's (power,disk,user) replace the cap and your have the LED's again, useful when playing in a dark room, or if you wish to have remote status LED's and disable the board mounted LED's.

The blue jumper cap next to the USER IO port is a voltage selector for the USER IO port, under normal use the jumper cap should be connected to the middle pin and the pin marked IO.
MiSTer FPGA Add-On Boards : UK based, low cost worldwide shipping.
https://MiSTerFPGA.co.uk/
legacypixels

Unread post by legacypixels »

Blue jumper selects what signal is present on the IO6 pin of the User Port. The 3.3v setting puts 3.3 volts on the pin (same as previous versions of the IO board), The IO setting makes it into an extra data pin (the "pin 7 mod" from older boards). SNAC users with 6 button game pads will use the IO position.
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
foldor

Unread post by foldor »

legacypixels wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am Blue jumper selects what signal is present on the IO6 pin of the User Port. The 3.3v setting puts 3.3 volts on the pin (same as previous versions of the IO board), The IO setting makes it into an extra data pin (the "pin 7 mod" from older boards). SNAC users with 6 button game pads will use the IO position.
Ok, so I have anew question. With the IO Board 6.1, what jumpers should I use with a new SNAC board? Does it need to be changed for 6 button pads, and then swapped back for NES pads? Does the SNAC board need the jumper?

Basically, I can't seem to find a lot of good documentation on SNAC, and the jumpers, even on the official Wiki.
legacypixels

Unread post by legacypixels »

BLUF: I'd need to see which SNAC board design you have to evaluate your situation.

Background: The User port originally provided 6 data lines, GND, +3.3v and +5v. People discovered that you need 7 data lines for some controllers (eg: Sega 6 button). One solution was to run a jumper wire from an IO board data FPGA pin to a JST header on the SNAC. A second method was to cut the 3.3v line on the IO board (6.0 and earlier) and connect a data pin and pull-up resistor instead- the "7 pin mod". On IO v6.1 and Digital IO 1.2, Sorg integrated this modified function into the board design. A jumper chooses between the original behavior (3.3v) or the 7th data pin. (labelled IO6)

There's a couple different SNAC versions floating about, but generally speaking with a v6.1 IO board, you should be able to safely set the IO board IO6 jumper to "I/O" and connect the 7 pin jumper on the SNAC. You shouldn't have to change it back, unless you have some weird design SNAC that doesn't have a 3.3v regulator on it.

But just a follow up, I can't be sure of a particular setup without seeing the SNAC to make sure it isn't some weird design that breaks my assumptions, and could potentially damage your stuff.
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
SSR852

Unread post by SSR852 »

Nat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:17 pm The white jumper cap near P3 (5 pin external header connection), when removed assuming the trace on the board below is cut disables all your status LED's (power,disk,user) replace the cap and your have the LED's again, useful when playing in a dark room, or if you wish to have remote status LED's and disable the board mounted LED's.
Hey Nat, just received my IO Board 6.1 and other components (RAM). I've installed everything and I can't get the LEDs (TosLink's included) works, I have moved the jumper several time without success, all the rest (the user / reset / osd buttons and the fan are working)

Is there anything I'm missing out?

Thanks!
Nat

Unread post by Nat »

SSR852 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks!
Sounds like you have the switches on your DE10 Nano setup incorrectly. Set them up like this:

MiSTer-IO-Board-DE10-Nano-Switch-Configuration-fixed.png
MiSTer-IO-Board-DE10-Nano-Switch-Configuration-fixed.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 9805 times
MiSTer FPGA Add-On Boards : UK based, low cost worldwide shipping.
https://MiSTerFPGA.co.uk/
SSR852

Unread post by SSR852 »

Nat wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:03 pm
SSR852 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks!
Sounds like you have the switches on your DE10 Nano setup incorrectly. Set them up like this:

MiSTer-IO-Board-DE10-Nano-Switch-Configuration-fixed.png
Problem solved! Thanks you!
chimaera

Unread post by chimaera »

Does anyone know if the red pins close to analogue out that says VGA PWR 3.3v/5v is the jumper to add voltage to set PAL CRTs to RGB mode?

I cannot find any info about it.
chimaera

Unread post by chimaera »

chimaera wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:03 pm Does anyone know if the red pins close to analogue out that says VGA PWR 3.3v/5v is the jumper to add voltage to set PAL CRTs to RGB mode?

I cannot find any info about it.
Never mind found out what it does. Set it to 5V for PAL CRTs.