MT32-Pi reverb with fluidsynth

BigMac2

MT32-Pi reverb with fluidsynth

Unread post by BigMac2 »

I've just received my MT32-Pi Hat I ordered from Nat @ misterfpga.co.uk and I'm very, very pleased. After resolving some usual DE-10 power issues, it works like a charm, the MT-32 sound passing thru the i2S and mixing out thru the HDMI is totally noise free.

I love the MT-32 emulation, but the Fluidsynth sound is too much flat, it needs some reverbs. I've checked around, and founds no docs on how to set parameters on the bare metal Fluidsynth implementation found on the MT32-Pi.

Does anybody have a clue?
mister32.jpg
mister32.jpg (133.01 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
d0pefish
mt32-pi Creator

Re: MT32-Pi reverb with fluidsynth

Unread post by d0pefish »

It's just not exposed as an option yet, but it is on the to-do list.

I want to do it in way that would let you set reverb/chorus options on a per-SoundFont basis - maybe a default for all SoundFonts and then overrides for specific ones.

The author of GeneralUser GS gave me some recommended settings for his SoundFont so they'll be added as a default in the config file too when I get around to this.
BigMac2

Re: MT32-Pi reverb with fluidsynth

Unread post by BigMac2 »

d0pefish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:49 pm I want to do it in way that would let you set reverb/chorus options on a per-SoundFont basis - maybe a default for all SoundFonts and then overrides for specific ones.
Awesome! I can’t wait for this feature become available. A default for all would be a great start ;-) Fiddling overrides per soundfonts is a good bonus, especially when the config files are not accessible without reading the SDcard with another computer.

cheers