MT32-Pi Issues

FPGA64
Top Contributor

MT32-Pi Issues

Unread post by FPGA64 »

I just got a MT32 Pi but dont as of yet have the IO board to connect it to the Mister. I plugged it into my Pi 4 with the correct O/S image on it but I dont see any activity on the inbuilt screen on the MT32. This is with the switch in the on position.

Should I expect to see any output on the MT32 Pi when its not connected to a mister ?
legacypixels

Re: MT32-Pi Issues

Unread post by legacypixels »

The switch just connects the pi power rail to the MiSTer USB plug. If you power up the pi, the mt-32 hat should come up no matter which way the power switch is.

Have you edited the config file according to the MT32-Pi wiki? https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wik ... tion#setup
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Yes I changed the ini file to add the extra fields. I get nothing on the screen of the MT 32 PI. I opened the device to have a look inside and there isnt much that could wrong, So I am mystified that I get nothing at all

Just to make it abunduntly clear. This is just a PI with the Hat connected to nothing.

This was on a PI 4, The Config file has windows line endings

[audio]
output_device = i2s

[control]
# Required for physical buttons
scheme = simple_buttons

# Required for OSD controls
mister = on

[lcd]
# Required for OSD "LCD-On" and "LCD-Auto" modes even if you don't have a real OLED display connected
type = ssd1306_i2c

# You can use either 32 or 64 pixel height
height = 64
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Good News I was an Idiot

I was editing the config.txt file by mistake. Edit the right file and it works !