Fail Memory

Breaking Hard

Fail Memory

Unread post by Breaking Hard »

Hello. I have problem with memory boards. I have 2 32mb boards which is woks well, now I made new 128mb board v2.9, set up and got fail memory test. I take off it and install my 32mb board and its now have mem test fail also, I try other 32mb bord and same result. Could You please addvise what I should check.
Breaking Hard

Re: Fail Memory

upd I though it can be dirty pins, check it and all well. I have no idea what to do now
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

Probably killed the De nano with the 2.9 board.
Breaking Hard

Upd. Other memory is ok. Its some kind of bug. If I install bad 128mb memory and after that change it for good - test fail. It needs to pass few hours then same memory is ok. Its strange but I do it couple times during check 128mb board. Anyway after several checks of soldering and other components I have bad memory chips from Ali.
I have qwestion if I left on this board only one chip will it work as 64mb memory? I want to know if one of chip is good.
damopinn

Unread post by damopinn »

I think I have the same aliexpress memory, I got one chip to look like it works in the test but any cores that use it have errors.
When I had 2 modules installed the memory test was ok for one chip and errors for the other, you can press C to change chips.
When I use the chip which tests good by itself, even on single module board errors return.
I don't think a solution will be possible with these modules, I didn't have any problem with soldering 32mb chips and even solder qfn chips with no problem, so it's not that, I use a microscope for soldering and can check each pin. When I need some other stuff I may order some chips from mouser, but I don't want to pay 20 shipping.