Analog Component video through I/O board not displaying

Pineapple Head

Analog Component video through I/O board not displaying

Unread post by Pineapple Head »

Hello,

Excuse my poor english. I've been attempting to get component video to work through the I/O board, but for the life of me I can't get anything to display whatsoever (black screen). I'm attempting to connect to my consumer grade Sony Trinitron 42 inch CRT with a VGA to Component adapter from MisterAddons. Video output through HDMI works completely fine, just nothing comes from the analog output. Here is what I have already attempted:

- Toggled SOG from Auto to OVR and vice versa
- Changed through multiple video modes in mister.ini files (currently set to videomode = 6 or 640x480 as I would assume this is the resolution of my tv)
- Set ypbpr=1 in mister.ini
- Tried both vgascaler=0 and vgascaler=1 in mister.ini
- Updated both Mister firmware and menu.rbf files to latest releases
- Looked through various youtube guides about setting up but still nothing

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm hoping somebody here will be able to know what the problem is. Thank you in advance.
bootsector

Re: Analog Component video through I/O board not displaying

Unread post by bootsector »

I think that for using component from IO board's VGA port you only need this:

Code: Select all

composite_sync=0
ypbpr=1
vga_scaler=0
Aside of toggling the SOG switch to the right position (can't remember which one now).
Blitzwing

Re: Analog Component video through I/O board not displaying.

Unread post by Blitzwing »

Pineapple Head wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:03 pm Hello,

Excuse my poor english. I've been attempting to get component video to work through the I/O board, but for the life of me I can't get anything to display whatsoever (black screen). I'm attempting to connect to my consumer grade Sony Trinitron 42 inch CRT with a VGA to Component adapter from MisterAddons. Video output through HDMI works completely fine, just nothing comes from the analog output. Here is what I have already attempted:

- Toggled SOG from Auto to OVR and vice versa
- Changed through multiple video modes in mister.ini files (currently set to videomode = 6 or 640x480 as I would assume this is the resolution of my tv)
- Set ypbpr=1 in mister.ini
- Tried both vgascaler=0 and vgascaler=1 in mister.ini
- Updated both Mister firmware and menu.rbf files to latest releases
- Looked through various youtube guides about setting up but still nothing

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm hoping somebody here will be able to know what the problem is. Thank you in advance.
Never tried component, but it looks like you’ve already tried everything I can think of. I assume the TV works with other component devices? I guess you could try setting composite_sync=1 and try attaching just the green wire or any of them to the component inputs to see if you get a signal.

I could be completely wrong on that though.