mt32-pi Cannot Connect to It Though Enabled

Krakout

mt32-pi Cannot Connect to It Though Enabled

Unread post by Krakout »

Hello!

Never tried to update my mt32-pi before, thought I'd give it a try now...

wpa_supplicant.conf is correctly setup and I can see the device's ip on my network (and on its screen), so it goes online fine.

mt32-pi.cfg reads:

mode = wifi
dhcp = on
hostname = mt32-pi
ftp = on
ftp_username = mt32-pi
ftp_password = mt32-pi

However, ftp won't connect. mt32-pi cannot be found on my network as a device ("Invalid Server name or address: mt32-pi") and trying to connect through the ip gives me "FD_CONNECT - WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused".

Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
bbqlovers

Re: mt32-pi Cannot Connect to It Though Enabled

Unread post by bbqlovers »

Local DNS issue on your router. Try hard setting an IP vs. using a hostname on the MT32-pi to resolve.
Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

Hmm ok I will do! In that case, in the config of the update script do I just place the IP instead of the hostname? Or should I change "hostname =" to something else?
Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

Yeah, that was not it :( Trying to connect to its static IP still gives me Connection Refused... that's weird really... Any other ideas?
bbqlovers

Unread post by bbqlovers »

So when you try to hit the mt32-pi at whatever IP, you are getting a straight "connection refused" error prior to getting login prompt? If that's the case, that sounds like a firewall is blocking FTP ports 20/21.

Edit: try to test to ftp ports: "telnet 192.168.1.1 20" "telnet 192.168.1.1 21" ###insert mt32-pi IP

You should be able to open a connection if its allowed and should not give you a connection error.
Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

No, I'm not getting a login prompt, just an active rejection of the connection. I ran a port scan, 21 is not open on the device! Also there's nothing blocking 21, as 21 works fine on other devices on my network (including MiSTer itself). On the Pi 21 is just closed.

I will try the telnet suggestion for the heck of it but given that 21 is closed I am ready to bet it won't go anywhere...

Btw I can ping the device just fine.

Thanks for trying to help!