Anyone know of a cover for the USB bridge?

TheMrAwesomeness

Anyone know of a cover for the USB bridge?

Unread post by TheMrAwesomeness »

I just assembled my MiSTer aluminum case from MiSTer Addons and it's great. It's nice to know my MiSTer finally has a housing and its parts are gonna be safe... but there's still that USB bridge sticking out of the case. I know you pretty much have to try to break it, but it is a small, flimsy piece, and I'm curious if anyone has tried anything for covering the bridge. I see someone created a 3D-printed design on Thingiverse, but that's all I've seen. Curious if anyone else has come up with solutions for covering that pesky bridge sticking out of the case.
ash2fpga

Re: Anyone know of a cover for the USB bridge?

Unread post by ash2fpga »

(Not really something that would really work with the aluminum case, I do not think.) Zerohimself has a 3d printed case design that includes a usb bridge cover. There are a few photos of it on twitter, such as this: https://twitter.com/TheBriarRabbit/stat ... 4152649729

I would prefer to see a design that extended the entire case to cover the bridge, though. Seems kind of hard, though, with how the de10 nano itself, and the expansion boards have ports or other controls on all sides. Perhaps if the case itself included short extensions for the ethernet/uart to usb/etc.