tty2oled Soft&Hardware Add-On (Shows Core based Pictures on a Display)

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
jawler

Re: tty2oled Software Add-On with USB/SD Support (Show Text/Pictures based on loaded Core on Display)

Unread post by jawler »

venice wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 pm All GSC Pics by Jawler ready for your tty2oled Updater.
Many Thanks.

"dangun feveron" is a bit hard to read I think.
i made another one for dangun feveron ;)
dfeveron_alt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: tty2oled Software Add-On with USB/SD Support (Show Text/Pictures based on loaded Core on Display)

Unread post by Moondandy »

Good effort, lots of nice new images!

Sega Pico = PICO.gsc

If anyone is interested in the Watara Supervision, there is a playable WIP core and name would be Supervision.gsc
logo and info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watara_Supervision
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Unread post by RealLarry »

Moondandy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:26 amIf anyone is interested in the Watara Supervision, there is a playable WIP core and name would be Supervision.gsc
logo and info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watara_Supervision
Thanks for the hint! Already done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Good man!

Just spotted this I have added to the sheet, new Czech computer in bound to Main:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3534
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/OndraSP ... r/releases

One very low hanging fruit is just to rename the 2 player Gameboy core to "Gameboy2Pultrawide.xbm" and "Gameboy2Pultrawide.gsc" and re-upload for that core.

It is likely we are going to have an Epoch Cassette Vision core in the not too distant future if anyone is looking for other consoles to do.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 amJust spotted this I have added to the sheet, new Czech computer in bound to Main:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3534
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/OndraSP ... r/releases
Yeah, I already did it's picture yesterday.
Ondra_SPO186.gif
One very low hanging fruit is just to rename the 2 player Gameboy core to "Gameboy2Pultrawide.xbm" and "Gameboy2Pultrawide.gsc" and re-upload for that core.
Why renaming these? Is there something missing or wrong? I've just tested all 5 Game Boy cores and they're display is ok.
It is likely we are going to have an Epoch Cassette Vision core in the not too distant future if anyone is looking for other consoles to do.
Great to hear!
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Ah, I am just going by the sheet - if the Gameboy2Pultrawide.rbf core is displaying the images then just needs marked on the sheet.

Presumably MEMTEST.gsc could be used for jtsdram48.gsc and jtsdram96.gsc?
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 am Ah, I am just going by the sheet - if the Gameboy2Pultrawide.rbf core is displaying the images then just needs marked on the sheet.
...I'm just editing the sheet. U'll reflect this.
Presumably MEMTEST.gsc could be used for jtsdram48.gsc and jtsdram96.gsc?
Maybe, why not...I'm waiting for weeks for an great inspiration by my own, but nothing. Coding and experimenting all day makes Larry a dull boy
EDIT: Done :)
Jukk@M

Unread post by Jukk@M »

Arcade:
Ninja (Sega) = seganinj.gsc
S.O.S = sosterm.gsc
Sarge = sarge.gsc
Scramble = scramble.gsc
Shot Rider = shtrider.gsc
Silver Land = silvland.gsc
Snap Jack = snapjack.gsc
Space Invaders II = invad2ct.gsc
Space Race = spacerace.gsc
GSC_7.jpg
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Jukk@M wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:21 pm Cores:
Sega Dreamcast VMU = (Sega Dreamcast VMU.gsc)?
Sega Pico = PICO.gsc
Sega Saturn = (Sega Saturn.gsc)?
Arcade:
Altered Beast (set 2) = altbeast2.gsc
Astro Flash = astrofl.gsc
Black Hole = blkhole.gsc
Body Slam = bodyslam.gsc
Qbert Qubes = qbertqub.gsc
Quiz & Dragons - Capcom Quiz Game = qad.gsc
GSC_6.jpg
Great work, mate! Many thanks! Pictures are ready for update and sheet is updated.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Good work chaps, you guys have been on fire today!

I found a couple more unofficial/W.I.P cores, Super Jacob virtual computer and a Russian computer DVK MC1201 and added them to the sheet. If anyone knows of any others out there that aren't on the sheet please let me know!

PC88 and PC98 would be nice ones to do if anyone is bored. :-)
Jukk@M

Unread post by Jukk@M »

Cores:
PC-88 = PC88.gsc
PC-98 = Zet98.gsc
Arcade:
Calipso = calipso.gsc
Cosmo = cosmo.gsc
Dominos = dominos.gsc
Double Dragon II - The Revenge = JTDD2.gsc
E-Swat - Cyber Police = eswat.gsc
Frogger = frogger.gsc
Gorkans = gorkans.gsc
GSC_8.jpg
Jukk@M

Unread post by Jukk@M »

Cores:
Vector 06C = VECTOR06.gsc
Arcade:
Stargate = stargate.gsc
Strategy X = stratgyx.gsc
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition = sf2ce.gsc
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting = sf2hf.gsc
Street Fighter Zero = sfzch.gsc
Tetris (Cocktail, Set 1) = atetrisc.gsc
Tokushu Butai Jackal = jackalj.gsc
Traverse USA = travrusa.gsc
Water Match = wmatch.gsc
GSC_9.jpg
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Good effort, you are smashing them out!

I have done some updates to the sheet, adding some conditional formatting, so you no longer need to copy and paste cells to get the colours - just type the text and you will get the colour. I also added it to the status and core type columns, which may be a bit overboard with the colours, let me know if it's too much.

There is also a new column for "Any Image" which has a formula that auto fills "Yes" if there is a mono or greyscale image. There is a counter at the bottom so can clearly see how many cores have no image at all. I have left Text out, so these aren't included as an image as these are getting phased out.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Jukk@M wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:04 pmtty2oled-gsc_8.rar & tty2oled-gsc_9.rar
Many thanks again! Pictures are updated now... 🏆️
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:38 pmI have done some updates to the sheet, adding some conditional formatting, so you no longer need to copy and paste cells to get the colours - just type the text and you will get the colour. I also added it to the status and core type columns, which may be a bit overboard with the colours, let me know if it's too much.
Very welcomed and useful. Thanks for your effort.
The only thing that is missing for now is an AI which auto downloads or paints pictures, sort them in our repo and updates the sheet :lol:
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Well mate, if I can figure out how to add conditional formatting to a google sheet in an afternoon, surely you can get all that knocked up by the weekend. ;-)

You guys have really broken the back of the images, just look at the counters - and keep in mine a decent number of the "No" are ones that aren't released yet. Amazing effort.

We got a new official core yesterday, Arcadia 2001 if anyone is looking for another console core.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:49 am Well mate, if I can figure out how to add conditional formatting to a google sheet in an afternoon, surely you can get all that knocked up by the weekend. ;-)
Please don't. I'm afraid that we may enter the Matrix then and become useless for our machines :ugeek:

You guys have really broken the back of the images, just look at the counters - and keep in mine a decent number of the "No" are ones that aren't released yet. Amazing effort.
Glad you liek it. That's one of the great advantages of Covid-19 (at least for me): More time for family (including cats), education and science.

We got a new official core yesterday, Arcadia 2001 if anyone is looking for another console core.
Done.
venice
Top Contributor

Unread post by venice »

Bugfix:
The Arduino Program got a minor bugfix which you only need to apply if you use the Text Command Feature.
Fix: The hidden writing feature with font 0 works now correctly.

My MiSTer Add-On-Projects tty2oled, i2c2oled, SNAC2IEC
You can donate by sending a Postcard to me.

jawler

Unread post by jawler »

New game Finalizer Super Transformation
finalizr.jpg
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Nice one!

JT released a Beta for Cotton yesterday which has a note on the sheet about having an image but possibly needing a rename of the file, which would be worth someone having a look at.

I made a small update to the sheet, there is a collum. To the far right called "Text Counter" I am using to note if an arcade core has a Text file but not other image, to feed into the counter at the bottom, as I couldn't find a more elegant way to do this with the formula. The counter is now accurate at 19 Text only cores rather than 54 that it was before.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

jawler wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:48 pm New game Finalizer Super Transformation
Thank you! Picture is committed and ready to get downloaded.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 amJT released a Beta for Cotton yesterday which has a note on the sheet about having an image but possibly needing a rename of the file, which would be worth someone having a look at.
Yeah, got Cotton at friday as I'm one of JT's Patreon since years. But haven't found an appropriate picture yet to work with...
I made a small update to the sheet, there is a collum. To the far right called "Text Counter" I am using to note if an arcade core has a Text file but not other image, to feed into the counter at the bottom, as I couldn't find a more elegant way to do this with the formula. The counter is now accurate at 19 Text only cores rather than 54 that it was before.
Great, thanks to our sheet-magican :)
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 amJT released a Beta for Cotton yesterday which has a note on the sheet about having an image but possibly needing a rename of the file, which would be worth someone having a look at.
Nice pictures for Cotton found and committed (Mystery Google: one day you'll find nothing, the other day dozens of proper search results).
In the sheet you wrote that "Cotton.xbm Picture already available, needs to be renamed?". Do you have this picture at hand or where is it?

The internal naming of the core (and therefore the picture) follows MAME's naming convention. You can have a look at it's appropriate MRA file, which are freely available despite of core's status. Within the MRA is a tag named <setname> and that's the important thing you need for the correct name.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

I actually didn't write any of those comments about possible wrong names, I assumed it was yourself or Venice. It may be worth having a run through the ones that were commented in the image column and see if any seem off to you or are easily fixable.

Good effort on the Cores images! Literally only 3 playable cores left with a proper name that won't change, and they are all unofficial and a bit obscure:
DVK MC1201 (Russian computer)
Nand2Tetris (virtual computer)
Super Jacob (virtual computer)
Jukk@M

Unread post by Jukk@M »

Nand2Tetris = Hack.gsc
Nand2Tetris.jpg
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Very nice! That works really well in grey scale.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Blackwine is adding MRA support for Neo Geo.
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=36603#p36603

I guess this means images will ne needed for all these 149 MVS games?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:46 pm Blackwine is adding MRA support for Neo Geo.
I guess this means images will ne needed for all these 149 MVS games?
You can assume that. Alas, a neverending task... :)
BTW: I've added a handful new GSCs: MC1201, dorodon, dotrikun, lagunar and Jukk@M's very nice one. Sheet also edited.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Oh well, on the plus side there are a lot of good games in there to make images for - Metal Slugs will be fun. I went and added them all to the bottom of the sheet, these will presumably be added as MRAs very soon. Blackwine also added Super Xevious as well, but Patreon only for now.

With JT adding another 50+ alternates for the Sega 16 going to be a lot more arcade MRAs soon!

Thanks for adding those other images!
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Moondandy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:36 pm Oh well, on the plus side there are a lot of good games in there to make images for - Metal Slugs will be fun. I went and added them all to the bottom of the sheet, these will presumably be added as MRAs very soon. Blackwine also added Super Xevious as well, but Patreon only for now.
Good boy. We'll see what's going on and I'm sure that Jukk@M has an eye on that also.
With JT adding another 50+ alternates for the Sega 16 going to be a lot more arcade MRAs soon!
Yes, but for the alternate MRAs see next upcoming message :)