Arduino to control MiSTer power

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
AntialiasedPixel

Arduino to control MiSTer power

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

I'm trying to use an old shuttle xg-41 case for my mister and I would like to use the existing power button on the front of the case if I can. It's a momentary switch, so I'm trying to use an irf520 mosfet, controlled via an arduino nano as a switch to pass through the 5v wallwart power to the Mister. I think my circuit is fine, I can get other devices like another arduino, an led, etc to switch on and off via using my circuit, but I can't get the mister to power on. If I plug the power brick(5v, 2.5A) directly into the mister it powers up fine. I'm sure it must be a current or voltage drop issue, but I can't seem to find a solution. Has anyone tried something similar?
venice
Top Contributor

Re: Arduino to control MiSTer power

Unread post by venice »

"Reg" added an POLOLU-2809 to his Case-Project for One-Button-Power-Control.
viewtopic.php?p=25729#p25729

My MiSTer Add-On-Projects tty2oled, i2c2oled, SNAC2IEC
You can donate by sending a Postcard to me.

AntialiasedPixel

Re: Arduino to control MiSTer power

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

venice wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm "Reg" added an POLOLU-2809 to his Case-Project for One-Button-Power-Control.
viewtopic.php?p=25729#p25729
I did see his post after I posted this. The one other thing I was hoping to do is using the Ardiuno, emulate the long press reset function that PCs have. So press/hold 4-5 seconds to reset the Mister, quick press for on/off. But I would settle for just the on/off. I'll probably pick up one of the boards he used If I can't get my solution working. Thanks for pointing his post out!