Power Button?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
metalfacemark

Power Button?

Unread post by metalfacemark »

Can anyone suggest a power button thats relatively easy to fit (i dont know how to solder) - ive got a mister in my arcade cab and currently just have a rocker switch stuck out a little hole, id like to finish it off nice with a power switch.

Is this something the mister is capable off and what would i need to do it?

I see the mister extension cables that you can get, is there a button i can just plug one of these into or am i way off the mark?
wodmarach

Re: Power Button?

Unread post by wodmarach »

There's no soft boot on mister but if you just want the mister to turn on when your cab does you can just wire the power supply into the power port on your cab, another alternative is the upcoming Mistercade which replaces the io and hub boards and goes straight into your jamma connector for power.
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

What ive ended up doing is ordering a wireless power socket switch, which i can velcro to the cab, will turn the whole thing on/off (hopefully)
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

I wired a buck converter (12V to USB 5V) from my cabinet power supply, so the MiSTer turns on when the cab is on.
DMRSX

Unread post by DMRSX »

Newsdee wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:48 pm I wired a buck converter (12V to USB 5V) from my cabinet power supply, so the MiSTer turns on when the cab is on.
Could you link an example of the buck converter you used? I want to set up something similar.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

DMRSX wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:36 am Could you link an example of the buck converter you used? I want to set up something similar.
Sure, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NALDSJ0/