chassis mounted power input

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
BlackSpy

chassis mounted power input

Unread post by BlackSpy »

I'm struggling to find a chassis/ panel mounted dc input that's got the right properties.

I think the mister need a 2.1mm pin and a 5.5mm connector, and I think it should probably be rated to 5A, given that's what my power supply can output to. I guess I could get away with less as I don't think the Mister actually draws that much but I'd rather go safety first on electrical.

Does anyone know of a UK or European supplier that sells a panel mountable input that fits the bill? I've spent far too long finding bits which fail in one way or another...
Enthropy

Re: chassis mounted power input

Unread post by Enthropy »

I am using this one: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sch ... cycode=CZK

It is rated for 0,5A, but there is no reason for that. Solder terminals are big chunks of metal directly connected to connector terminals. No thin wires or other possible points of failure.
I am using it to feed MiSTer, powered USB hub (which I often use for phone charging at the same time), wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter, wireless keyboard + mouse adapter and an old SATA harddrive from a single 6A 5V power adapter. Other than adding some christmas lights, I can't think of better torture test. And it works without any sign of heating up.