MiSTer Multisystem - All-in-One System

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
Duffygag

Re: MiSTer Multisystem - All-in-One System

Unread post by Duffygag »

Very good news about the scart implementation, with the mess of cables and misinformation out there.
cursedverses

Unread post by cursedverses »

multisystem wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 am
cursedverses wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:51 pm Using Memtest, what kind of frequencies are you getting as stable from the RAM?
We have done a lot of memory testing and with the different batches built up so far we see around 140Mhz to 146Mhz. We have a very electrical heavy factory, lots of AC switching motors and various equipment so it's quite 'noisy' from a radiated and conducted emissions point of view.

I will have to take one home and see if it makes any difference, probably not.

We are certainly well over the 130Mhz reference point for the memory speed. And testing on the Archie core (126Mhz) Spectrum (112Mhz) and the NeoGeo @ 96Mhz and all the other cores show no issues at all in running for multiple days on the Multisystem.

Multisystem_SDRAM_testing_4hours.jpg
Above image showing a 4 hour memory test.

We have also done comparisons with the MiSTer stack using the 2.5 and 2.9 memory modules and they seem to perform around the same, some are 138Mhz others around the 145Mhz point, putting our memory module in the MiSTer stack also gives about the same memtest results as in the Multisystem motherboard.

Multisystem_SDRAM_testing_40hours.jpg
Above image showing a much longer test around ~40 hours
Thanks so much for this! This will definitely help with some of those more aggressive cores for sure.
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

robot0 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 am I'm interested in putting this PCB in a ITX case so I've got a few questions:
a) Can you still output VGA to SCART like the regular MiSTer IO board ?
b) Are the pins for USB 2.0, power and LED indicators compatible with regular PC cases out of the box?
c) Do you think it will fit inside a Akasa Cypher MX (208 x 203 x 45mm) case together with a 2.5" SSD? I'm not sure how tall the Multisystem PCB + MiSTer will be.
d) Does the PCB come with a IO shield plate ?
It’s not an itx board so you’ll have to ghetto mod it as usual if you want to fit it in an itx case. Since it is 17x17 cm it might be tricky to get it to work it in, you might need to make holes for the switches and stuff in the front.
german_user

Unread post by german_user »

I rather think that the height could be more critical than the mere dimensions of the PCB. The "Thin Mini ITX" only has a very low height, so cooling solutions from the notebook sector are also used.
Tapper

Unread post by Tapper »

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I don't own a MiSTer yet but am very interested. I'm especially fascinated to see how the Sega Saturn core turns out.

If/when I do get one, I will definitely want this multisystem console setup. It looks amazing.
multisystem wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:20 pm We are trying to make sure we have enough filament and the right colours in stock for launch, any feedback on what colour and case style you prefer would be most appreciated, thank you.
Either style is good IMO, but I think I prefer B.

Also, I like the white case. Add a red logo and you have a very nice PC Engine looking design! :D

96328-NEC_PC-Engine_[TurboGrafx-16]_(GoodPCE_v1.09a)-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
german_user

I wish you a good advance booking and I am personally looking forward to the coming week.
multisystem

Unread post by multisystem »

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick heads-up for the public launch of the MiSTer Multisystem.

The preorder system for everyone goes live at 3:00pm UK time today (30th September 2021) - Over on https://rmcretro.store/mister-multisystem/

Neil had the Patreon launch last week and it went very well indeed, we are making a lot of systems, but demand is still much higher than even we expected, so please bare with us if we need to produce more to fill some of the later orders in this initial public release.

You will be able to pre order build Multisystem boards, 3D printed cases and also deluxe systems including the DE10-nano, cables etc.
Heber_MiSTer_Multisystem_Launch_30_9_2021.jpg
Neil will also have a video up on YouTube answering all the questions from the original preview a few weeks back. (I will update this post with a link as soon as it goes live today).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
multisystem

FAQ Video is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbuHErNQGs

And pre-orders are live - https://rmcretro.store/mister-multisystem/

Thanks everyone, and remember we want lots of feedback for more Multisystem products / expansion and add-on's - this is only the start of our journey...

RMC_FAQ_Video_snapshot.jpg

Cheers,

Richard.
Ripper61

Unread post by Ripper61 »

I've pre-order a MiSTer Multisystem to go with my stacked MiSTer. Early Christmas present for myself.

W.
Armas

Unread post by Armas »

Excellent video, I also just pre-ordered MiSTer Multisystem with a case.
kconger

Unread post by kconger »

Tapper wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:03 am Hello everyone. I'm new here. I don't own a MiSTer yet but am very interested. I'm especially fascinated to see how the Sega Saturn core turns out.

If/when I do get one, I will definitely want this multisystem console setup. It looks amazing.
multisystem wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:20 pm We are trying to make sure we have enough filament and the right colours in stock for launch, any feedback on what colour and case style you prefer would be most appreciated, thank you.

Also, I like the white case. Add a red logo and you have a very nice PC Engine looking design! :D
I went with this look with an eInk module I created. Just patiently waiting for my Multisystem to ship :)

PXL_20210930_162804915.jpg
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

Solskogen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 am A preorder, perhaps? :)
Yes today it is for sale on https://rmcretro.store/mister-multisystem/

I just orderd one and my number is 1033!
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

multisystem wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:11 pm FAQ Video is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbuHErNQGs

Thanks everyone, and remember we want lots of feedback for more Multisystem products / expansion and add-on's - this is only the start of our journey...

Cheers,

Richard.
Dear Richard,
I just orderd the main pcb and the white cage with scart rear hole for cable.

Question: are the yellow and white lead also included in my order or do they need to bought seperately?

Thanks and hope you will have some time to answer these.
Ray

Unread post by Ray »

I would order this in a heartbeat, but since brexit, it is totally unclear to me what taxes and customs i will have to add to the price. What about vat? Do i have to pay this or are these taxes to be payed in my country (germany). How high are taxes/customs? I heard the parcel service also charges additionally for registering the parcel for customs?
It´s just not worthwile anymore to buy stuff from GB
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

Hello Ray,
I just orderd one and I`m living outside the UK, with the checkout the VAT will be gone, the system recognize immediately that you`re not from the UK :) so you only have to pay VAT when arriving in your country.

The big let down however is that if i buy things from the UK my order have to go true the customes... that is not a big issue but if they ship with Royal mail is that the customes in my country needs to check it all out and therefore you have to wait more then 30 days which is so frustrating for me as it is now, 2 parcels from the UK arrived on the 27 of august and still not in my possession.,

I asked Neil to ship with DHL or FedEx but no reply or whatsoever!! if they ship with FedEx or DHL they got there own customes and my shipping would only takes a couple days to receive, it might cost more but there is nothing so frustrating then to wait more then 30 days now:(

But maybe your country is faster then those slow Dutch customes overhere...

Anyway I will not purchase anything from the UK anymore after this if they are not willing to ship it via DHL or FedEx that is for sure!
tankjr

Unread post by tankjr »

Rats! By the time I got home it was too late. Hopefully these will be back in stock soon.
Count Duckula

Unread post by Count Duckula »

Hey Gyruss,

Yep, both of those cables are included. The cases include a heatsink and (generic brand) fan too.

"What's in the Multisystem box
Multisystem board with 128mb of SDRAM
HDMI coupler
short USB cable
short network cable"
multisystem

kconger wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:52 pm
Tapper wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:03 am Hello everyone. I'm new here. I don't own a MiSTer yet but am very interested. I'm especially fascinated to see how the Sega Saturn core turns out.

I went with this look with an eInk module I created. Just patiently waiting for my Multisystem to ship :)

That's looking very nice indeed. I will have to try out the secondary display system for MiSTer, that's going to look great in the Multisystem case. Would you consider sharing the modified 3D model files for this?
multisystem

Gyruss wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:06 pm
multisystem wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:11 pm FAQ Video is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbuHErNQGs

Cheers,

Richard.
Dear Richard,
I just orderd the main pcb and the white cage with scart rear hole for cable.

Question: are the yellow and white lead also included in my order or do they need to bought seperately?

Thanks and hope you will have some time to answer these.
Hello,
Yes the white USB and Yellow Ethernet patch cables are included when you order the build board or deluxe kits - the small HDMI bridge board is also included with every Multisystem board.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

Thank you so much for your reply :)
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

tankjr wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:19 am Rats! By the time I got home it was too late. Hopefully these will be back in stock soon.
Are you serious? are they already sold out in a few hours?

Glad I placed a order in time then...
multisystem

Gyruss wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:36 pm
tankjr wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:19 am Rats! By the time I got home it was too late. Hopefully these will be back in stock soon.
Are you serious? are they already sold out in a few hours?

Glad I placed a order in time then...

We really thought that 500 would give us time to see what the demand was, but it was just much higher than we expected. We are in the process of making another bigger follow-on batch, more updates very soon.
kconger

Unread post by kconger »

multisystem wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:10 pm
kconger wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:52 pm

That's looking very nice indeed. I will have to try out the secondary display system for MiSTer, that's going to look great in the Multisystem case. Would you consider sharing the modified 3D model files for this?
Sure I'll post the code and model on my GitHub account(same username) as soon as I finish some model tweaks. The code is specific to the MCU and display I'm using and the Linux side was modified from the tty2oled project.
venice
Top Contributor

Unread post by venice »

Which Display (Size, Type, Brand) and MCU do you use?

My MiSTer Add-On-Projects tty2oled, i2c2oled, SNAC2IEC
You can donate by sending a Postcard to me.

kconger

Unread post by kconger »

venice wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 am Which Display (Size, Type, Brand) and MCU do you use?
I'm using a Waveshare 2.13 BWR ePaper Hat and a Seeduino XIAO with a custom PCB to connect them together.

Thanks for creating the tty2oled and i2c2oled projects!
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

kconger wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm
venice wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 am Which Display (Size, Type, Brand) and MCU do you use?
I'm using a Waveshare 2.13 BWR ePaper Hat and a Seeduino XIAO with a custom PCB to connect them together.

Thanks for creating the tty2oled and i2c2oled projects!
A TTY2OLED module that fits in where you did your eink display would be killer.
german_user

Just do it
Daz555

Unread post by Daz555 »

Can I ask for the dimensions of the Multisystem case? Wondering if my 3D printer will be able to handle the size (assuming the files are available).
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

I just printed it and it fits just inside the build envelope for a Prusa MK3. Give it a go in your slicer and see if it works:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/75 ... e-3d-print
FrancoB

Unread post by FrancoB »

I don't know if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know if there are .stp files or similar for the case? .stl's are not particularly friendly for modification.