BlisSTer V2.0 Board Power Input Burned Out Can Anyone Tell Which Component Died?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
vraskin

BlisSTer V2.0 Board Power Input Burned Out Can Anyone Tell Which Component Died?

Unread post by vraskin »

Hi all,
The power input on my BlisSter board burned out yesterday and I'm not really sure what caused it. I've already reached out to the reseller I got it from, but I'm curious if someone can help identify the component that burned out so I can replace it myself if they won't give me a replacement board. Pics of the underside of the power-in plug:

dBZbFdd.jpeg

I'm pretty sure this is the only part that was affected - the DE-10 and I/0 board work fine if I power them directly and the BlissTer board also works if I use the plug for the "Power out" port.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary with it - I'm using a Triad 4 Amp power adapter from MiSTer Addons, and the only things that were plugged into it (other than the DE-10 and I/0 Board) were a non-powered hard drive, a bluetooth adapter, and a fight stick with EZMod and Brooks UFB in it. All of this has been working fine for months so not really sure what happened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: BlisSTer V2.0 Board Power Input Burned Out Can Anyone Tell Which Component Died?

Unread post by lamarax »

Here you go :)

0 in stock tho + long lead times in both digikey and mouser, so I guess it'd be better to ask for a direct replacement of the board from your supplier.

btw, the blisSTer is not considered an 'official' addon, so maybe you want to move your post to "Hardware Setups" instead.
vraskin

Re: BlisSTer V2.0 Board Power Input Burned Out Can Anyone Tell Which Component Died?

Unread post by vraskin »

>btw, the blisSTer is not considered an 'official' addon, so maybe you want to move your post to "Hardware Setups" instead.

Whoops, my bad, Thanks for the reply though! Yeah, a year lead time is a bit much for me - I'll see if I can get it replaced.
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

If you are in EU I may help you.

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt