MiSTerCade P1 Free / Freeplay on - Candy Cab issue

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
brandonx76

MiSTerCade P1 Free / Freeplay on - Candy Cab issue

Unread post by brandonx76 »

Anyone run into Freeplay Mistercade switch not working as expected?

Seems to not initiate coin, rather , after I manually add a coin, when I press down it brings up the MiSTer menu. Something's off. Tried with two different cores (Donkey Kong / Contra) and same result
DevilHunterWolf

Re: MiSTerCade P1 Free / Freeplay on - Candy Cab issue

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

I don't have a MiSTercade, but MiSTerAddons' website describes it as the following: "Merge P1COIN and P1START for pseudo free-play mode". From that, I'd assume with the switch flipped, pressing Start on the controller changes into hitting the Coin and Start at the same time or slightly delayed. I believe this is assuming that you're using the custom controller mappings provided for the MiSTercade. The written manual on the product page also states the following:

"IMPORTANT: If you have the Free Play DIP Switch enabled, some Menu control combo combinations will trigger Autofire instead of calling up the MiSTer menu. This is because some Menu control combos conflict with the Free Play functionality.
You can work around this issue by either selecting a different Menu control combo (by following Step 4 above) or by not using the Free Play functionality. "

Are you using the custom controller mappings and using a menu combination that works with the freeplay DIP switch? If you aren't, I'd suggest re-reading those portions in the written manual to see what must be done.