Blisster Power Issue

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
Checkindacutz

Blisster Power Issue

Unread post by Checkindacutz »

Hey all, first time poster.

Recently decided to get back into the mister game with my blissbox/mister setup. Unfortunately, it seems at some point the blisster randomly stopped working and thus failed to deliver power to my mister as well.

If I plug in the psu (using a 5v/4a one) direct to the mister power it'll be fine, but nothing if I have everything routed through the blisster as I had previously working. Since it was fine prior to updating all as well as after for a while, I'm currently suspecting it has to do with the Blissters power switch.

As of now when I look at the bare blisster board and hit the switch, I get a quick red flash on the L20 led, but no other lights stay on/light up and I can't seem to find info as to what that signifies, or which lights (specifically on the blisster board) are supposed to be on while in good health.

The last thing I did was insert a wifi dongle, but since it was otherwise working I'd assume this is not a firmware issue on either the mister/blisster end. Either way, I've tried taking my case apart and reattaching everything along with isolating the mister for test, and checking to see if my pc will recognize the blisster (no luck)

Out of ideas as far as how to further troubleshoot, so any relevant info, ideas, or help would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!
rickdangerous

Re: Blisster Power Issue

Unread post by rickdangerous »

That was the Power regulator that have done the job. Its a quick easy repair. If your are in Europe I could help you.

Kind regards
Ricardo

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

Wave

Re: Blisster Power Issue

Unread post by Wave »

Sorry you're having problems, sounds annoying.

Do you have a v1 or v2? Newer BlisSTers have a red LED on top that helps indicate if an over-voltage event has occurred, tripping the board's built-in protection. See the graf in the BlisSter Quick Reference starting with "Newer boards". If yours has that maybe it will provide a clue.

There is very attentive BlisSTer-specific support on the Classic Gaming discord. Has a dedicated channel. If you don't figure it out soon that is probably the best place to ask about this.
she/her