All in One Case for MiSTer & BlisSTer

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
mrtomato

All in One Case for MiSTer & BlisSTer

Unread post by mrtomato »

I have question since probably never Blisster will be adopted to official case... Have you seen some 3d printable cases that includes all boards with Blisster?

Thanks for any info :)
mrtomato

Re: All in one case for Mister & Blisster

Thanks ;) I have question if Blisster could also be used as classic USB hub for example WiFi or BT dongles?
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

Yeah, BliSSter has USB ports in addition to BLISS ports.
mrtomato

I am little bit confussed about official cases...https://misteraddons.com/ have official case for classic HUB and Blisster - so why other "shops" say that there is no official case for Blisster since it is commercial product?
Sigismond0

There is no "official MiSTer case". There is an "official MiSTerAddons" cases, and whatever sellers want to call their cases. But unless there are designs published in the Github for a case, none will be "official". In any case, just get what works best for you and don't worry about labels.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Sigismond0 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:18 pmBut unless there are designs published in the Github for a case, none will be "official".
That's unlikely. The "official" PCB case was designed by Sorgelig and licensed to sellers, it is not an open design like the IO boards.

The Blisster case from MiSTerAddons was adapted from the official case (with permission AFAIK) so it is exclusive to that shop. A part of the revenue is contributed back to Sorgelig, last I heard about it.
Sigismond0

Thanks for the clarification--didn't realize there was one made by Sorg but outside the project. In that case, I suspect MiSTer Addons must have either remixed it or had someone design a second case to match it, but using BLISSter specs.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Sigismond0 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:15 pmMiSTer Addons must have either remixed it
That's exactly what he did; he adapted the PCB case for Blisster by realigning the openings. I'm not sure if he worked with Sorg on it but I know he communicated with him throughout the process.
mrtomato

I am wondering if there is possibility to get PCB case from misterfpga.eu and 5$ panel from misteraddons for Blisster V2. IDK if this kind of mix will be compatible.
-N2

Unread post by -N2 »

Sigismond0 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 am Yeah, BliSSter has USB ports in addition to BLISS ports.
Does the BlisSTer board have a USB OTG port, and is it USB 3.0 speed?