Show Us Your MiSTers

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
muthuxmut

Re: Show Us Your MiSTers

Unread post by muthuxmut »

wow.
jammaking me jealous :)

what cab ? naomi ?
Galaga Tragic :)
MisterJamma

Unread post by MisterJamma »

muthuxmut wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 pm what cab ? naomi ?
SNK Super Neo 29
Megamoose

Unread post by Megamoose »

What JAMMA adapter is that? Is it drawing power from the JAMMA interface?
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

There's a github repo: https://github.com/MisterJamma/DE10Jamma
Looks like early days though. Not sure if some of the intended changes to cores will be merged to the official repositories.
Megamoose

Unread post by Megamoose »

Newsdee wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:07 pm There's a github repo: https://github.com/MisterJamma/DE10Jamma
Looks like early days though. Not sure if some of the intended changes to cores will be merged to the official repositories.
Wow! This is looking fantastic! I got a MiSTer + IO Board + J-PAC + audio amp combination working with my cocktail cab but all the extra components added expense & complexity. I’m tempted to give this a try. Thanks!
Izzot0p

Unread post by Izzot0p »

This one without IO board but with Usb Hub

3AABA3A3-0F38-41CF-94DC-17EFFDC1AB0F.jpeg
53EF0CC8-4EFE-4A2A-83E6-3B9DF44C489A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muthuxmut

That blue really pops!
love the design :)
JudgeDrokk

Unread post by JudgeDrokk »

Good afternoon!

So, I posted a photo of my MiSTer a couple of months ago on the day I received it - but today I post a second picture with it actually switched on and playing JOTEGOs recent CORE - Bubble Bobble.
It seems sensible to show again as it has a 5" VGA screen in the case and it's a shame not to show it powered up. The case itself is almost 70 years old 'bakalite' which has been restored and re-purposed.
The MiSTer has a custom dual polarity power supply to feed the screen and D10 which have quite different voltage requirements.
The top speaker grille is 3d printed and is inspired by art deco speaker grilles of the 1950s.

It is a custom commission build by Bad Dog Designs in the UK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muthuxmut

portable retro MiSTer
very nice. i was looking at vintage radios as a case but chickened out due to cost :D
Atohmdiy

Unread post by Atohmdiy »

My setup, with a bvm 20F1E, extron vga and a diy dac + amp + speaker combo. It's not finish, it needs a few more things but the essential is here.

My mister case just arrive, look good but it would have been better if it worked the way it should :oops:

IMG-20200828-203118.jpg
muthuxmut

killer BVM
nice setup
JudgeDrokk

My new MiSTer for the livng room, for the more 'arcade' and 'console' experiences

- this is from Antonio Villena and features his own design IO board combining USB.

https://www.antoniovillena.es/store/
Brettster

Unread post by Brettster »

I have the Antonio case too and love it!
Arcade, Video Game and Tech Junkie
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

Brettster wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:32 pm I have the Antonio case too and love it!
Do you have the slim or drive version? I'm thinking about getting the Drive version.
Brettster

NML32 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm
Brettster wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:32 pm I have the Antonio case too and love it!
Do you have the slim or drive version? I'm thinking about getting the Drive version.
I have the Drive version, but there's only the Amiga core I've heard anything from, it's cool but waiting for floppys to load is torture lol
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

I think the drive version is taller and has room for an internal SSD hard drive. Have you looked into installing an internal HD? I read there are two internal USB ports.
Geords

Unread post by Geords »

I absolutely love Art Deco, and so I absolutely love this, too.
JudgeDrokk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:40 pm Good afternoon!

So, I posted a photo of my MiSTer a couple of months ago on the day I received it - but today I post a second picture with it actually switched on and playing JOTEGOs recent CORE - Bubble Bobble.
It seems sensible to show again as it has a 5" VGA screen in the case and it's a shame not to show it powered up. The case itself is almost 70 years old 'bakalite' which has been restored and re-purposed.
The MiSTer has a custom dual polarity power supply to feed the screen and D10 which have quite different voltage requirements.
The top speaker grille is 3d printed and is inspired by art deco speaker grilles of the 1950s.

It is a custom commission build by Bad Dog Designs in the UK.
Geords

Unread post by Geords »

When I ordered my MiSTer I decided that a Digital IO board was perfectly adequate for my needs. "I'll never be one of those fools who gets suckered into falling for all this recent CRT hysteria".

So I recently decided that I absolutely must have CRT display for my MiSTer.

This popped recently up on NZ's equivalent of Ebay:
20200822_171147.jpg
If I'm honest, my desk is too small for it... and I had to buy a new monitor stand made out of sheet steel to support its weight... and even this stand sags a little under the strain... and the speakers I bought to go with it turned out to be un-shielded and need to be kept as far away from it as my small desk doesn't really allow...

But, in spite of all of that, I simply don't care. :-)

I'm now just waiting on a direct video DAC adapter in the post so that I can actually use it with my MiSTer! In the meantime I have KVM a switch - and have re-discovered the joy of computing at 1024x768 resolutions. Additionally, 4:3 Netflix shows look amazing on a CRT monitor.
muthuxmut

whilst i love that you've gone CRT, the small desk is making the CRT hide that B&O case ...
Geords

Unread post by Geords »

True that. Might need to move locations at some point. At least it isn't being crushed under the weight while I ponder. :-)
JudgeDrokk

It's just so pretty when OFF or ON & I'm a big fan of the custom IO+USB board by Antonio.

BTW - Hello LEEDS - I'm on the Wakefield side of Barnsley.
JudgeDrokk

NML32 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm
One day when the PS1 CORE might come and we need TBs of storage then the DRIVE version will be brilliant - so future proof now.

Till then - I put a 512gb card in mine. :-)
Brettster

I thought the drive version is with the internal speaker so it can make floppy disk loading sounds? I dont see enough space in there for a Sata drive or any way to connect one
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

Brettster wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 am I thought the drive version is with the internal speaker so it can make floppy disk loading sounds? I dont see enough space in there for a Sata drive or any way to connect one
From Antonio's website:

'This model has enough space on the bottom to fit a SSD, max 10mm height. SSD not included.'
Fanni

Unread post by Fanni »

Hi all

After seeing Smoke Monsters tweet with the ipad screen up and running i knew what i had to.

I'm a big lover of the iMac and just love that it's all in one so i set about searching finally found an old 2010 broken iMac for sale on Facebook local to me as well, i took a chance on it as it didn't power on so didn't know if the screen was any good but it was £30 so had to give it ago.

F0-C9970-B-CAAB-4573-B01-A-D392758607-E6.jpg

Stripped it down found the lcd driver on eBay and patiently waited for it to arrive
Tested it with a snes mini and it looks great.

IMG-4719.jpg

Next was to figure everything out i wanted it to do with it i wanted to use the power button on the rear to turn it all on and keep the Apple power supply (but failed with this in the end as it does not seem possible to get the power supply running with out the iMac logic board :(
Bought a 10 amp power supply as the screen requires 4 amps and i wanted to add a 1TB hdd to it as well.

Just about squeezed everything in!

IMG-4910.jpg

I've managed to retain the original speakers and they sound pretty good also have managed to use the original headphone jack but when a headphone is plugged in the internal speakers still run so have got these switching off with a side mounted switch along with the lcd buttons and the 3 buttons on the Mister.

Have also added a Ethernet port located in the original hole at the rear.

IMG-4914.jpg

Finally all up and running

IMG-4913.jpg

Things to do

Figure out how to get the apple fan running so it pulls in cool air
Find some nicer side buttons maybe with symbols
Make use of the original sd card reader so i have easy access to the SD card if need be.
muthuxmut

very cool

whats the 9 button setup on the side ?
Fanni

Unread post by Fanni »

muthuxmut wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:10 am very cool

whats the 9 button setup on the side ?
3 buttons are for the mister reset, user and menu top buttons is power off and on for the lcd then volume up and down, then menu and auto settings for the lcd and finally the bottom one mutes the speakers when you want to use headphones
kensan

Unread post by kensan »

I made a metal case base on a amplifier case, there may be too much hot melt glue inside. :lol:
It's very compact, no suit for IO Board. But I don' t have a CRT, so the IO Board is optional.
Please show your MiSTer too :lol:
I0sZJzb.jpg
bY8Z2la.jpg
a6S6F8F.jpg
Pty9Txh.jpg
UnTB5Br.jpg
EsmprKS.jpg
8Ugbtok.jpg
cathode

Unread post by cathode »

My MiST developed a fault so I thought about putting the MiSTer into its case as its such a lovely metal case. I only use CRT. I'll be putting one of those expensive, quiet fans in it (current one is a little noisy).
I'm sure some MiST owners won't be happy but I see it as a tribute. Some might see it as a scene from Alien! :o
20200921_144516a.jpg
IMG_0490.JPG
buttersoft

Unread post by buttersoft »

Awesome, i like that. Any chance you could share a parts list? I'd really like to find those buttons, for one...
kensan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:11 am I made a metal case base on a amplifier case, there may be too much hot melt glue inside. :lol:
It's very compact, no suit for IO Board. But I don' t have a CRT, so the IO Board is optional.
Please show your MiSTer too :lol:

I0sZJzb.jpg