Legacypixels.com

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
legacypixels

Legacypixels.com

Unread post by legacypixels »

Thread for Legacy Pixels MiSTer addon boards http://www.legacypixels.com/mister

Ohio, USA based seller of all official MiSTer boards.
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
foldor

Re: Legacypixels.com

Unread post by foldor »

I can say I recently ordered from here an I/O board 6.1, 128MB RAM, and a USB Hub. All came quickly to Canada, and work great! Thanks!
Kevh182

Unread post by Kevh182 »

I recently ordered from Legacy Pixels and I had a great experience. Excellent prices and shipping rates. Also, quick responses to my questions. My items arrived quickly and neatly packaged. I am Located in the U.S. and I would definitely buy from Legacy Pixels again.
epistaxis

Unread post by epistaxis »

Ordered up a 128MB SDRam module and an analog I/O board. Seller was incredibly helpful and patient with my questions and shipped fast. Excellent experience!
Tacoguy125

Unread post by Tacoguy125 »

Ordered an IO board from Legacy Pixels and the sale went smoothly and the item works great. Thanks!
Mikeosoft

Unread post by Mikeosoft »

Hey guys I just got started on my MiSTer build, and went with my IO board, 128MB Ram, and RTC board from Legacypixels.com. Could not have gone smoother. The entire process went smoothly, shipped quickly, and I received the boards in perfect shape. Included was instructions, link to the guides on installation, and for the RTC the 3d printed supports inside. Battery installed too. The soldering job was top notch, no flux, clean and professional.

I honestly cannot say enough about how happy I am. I will definitely be buying from him again.

-Mike
geiger9

Unread post by geiger9 »

Bought my second lot of items from him recently and everything went perfect. I highly recommend him even if you're from Canada.
Larkhainan

Unread post by Larkhainan »

Picked up a IO board, SDRAM, RTC and USB hub from LP

Everything seems to be working great, and the pack job on the parts was really solid, everything fully protected in a way I wish all my packages arrived. If I order the midi kit it'll be from LP
dwc

Unread post by dwc »

Hello! Looking forward to ordering some items from this store. I see on the site that it appears to be done via email. I did send an email yesterday but not sure if the email went through or if it got accidentally junked / marked as spam. Is there another method of ordering?
Thanks!

Apologies, please disregard! Communications have went through!
legacypixels

Unread post by legacypixels »

Unfortunately, I don't have an online shopping cart yet.
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
orange428

Unread post by orange428 »

Hi, I've purchased several items from legacypixlels over the last couple of years and everything is great. Excellent service and products. Recommended for sure.
anacronismo

Unread post by anacronismo »

Just wanted to share that I ordered from Legacypixels and items were shipped and received very quickly. I'll happily order from him again.
thorr
Top Contributor

Unread post by thorr »

anacronismo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 pm Just wanted to share that I ordered from Legacypixels and items were shipped and received very quickly. I'll happily order from him again.
Agreed. I have referred others to Legacypixels and they were happy as well.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

edit: Recommendation withdrawn. This vendor uses sleeve bearing fans. These are crap, and will fail. Mine broke after five months, which is just what happens with these lousy bearings.

Per email, this isn't going to change, you will not get a quality fan, and your Mister will not be cooled properly after a fairly short time, typically a year or so. Mine didn't even last six months.

Don't buy from legacypixels.
prenetic

Unread post by prenetic »

Wanted to add my +1 for Legacy Pixels, I fully-kitted out my MiSTer through them. I had a couple minor issues with my analog board (nothing they could have prevented) and Ken didn't hesitate to send out a replacement. Very responsive and helpful, I'd absolutely recommend them if you're in the states.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

edit: recommendation withdrawn. This vendor uses sleeve bearing fans, which are lousy and which will break very quickly. Mine lasted about five months. Don't buy here, buy from a place that uses at least dual ball bearing fans. They only cost like an extra dollar, but per email, legacypixels won't use them.

Sleeve bearings are defective by design. Anyone using them doesn't care about the longevity of what they sell.
southpaw

Unread post by southpaw »

Got a 128mb module to replace my 64mb one and also an Analog IO board to replace an AliExpress special. My MiSter is now better than ever! Highly recommend Legacy Pixels. Good quality, cheap shipping and fast delivery.
Antoine.WG

Unread post by Antoine.WG »

I ordered a digital I/O board, USB hub board and 128 MB SDRAM the week before Christmas and it came in on time and everything works. The SDRAM works flawlessly at 146 MHz. He even included an extra fan. I highly recommend them. Thanks Ken!

mistahsnart

Unread post by mistahsnart »

Dropping a huge thank you here to Ken of Legacy Pixels! Great communication and incredibly fast shipping. Couldn't be happier with the MT32pi XL hat. Thank you very much!

Mikeosoft

Unread post by Mikeosoft »

Malor wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:49 pm

edit: recommendation withdrawn. This vendor uses sleeve bearing fans, which are lousy and which will break very quickly. Mine lasted about five months. Don't buy here, buy from a place that uses at least dual ball bearing fans. They only cost like an extra dollar, but per email, legacypixels won't use them.

Sleeve bearings are defective by design. Anyone using them doesn't care about the longevity of what they sell.

My original fan that came with my order way back is still holding up just fine. Not sure why yours failed but you can't fault the seller for the manufacturing qualms you have with the part, the guy assembles these kits, he doesn't press the bearings on the fans himself, right?

Anyways, just want to mention it has been roughly 3 years since I got my order and everything is still working amazingly. LegacyPixels is legit. I've emailed him with some questions recently about my usb board, and he quickly responded with detailed info and offered to help me way beyond the calling. 100% recommended.

-Mike