Have we reached perfection?

Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: Have we reached perfection?

Unread post by Moondandy »

I am not sure who created the BIOS getter script, part of the get all script, but it would be good if they could grab this BIOS too.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

I already submitted a PR draft for this, but to the wrong repo :p

I'm terrible at scripting and stuck after trying to figure it out for hours and hours... so I'll leave it as an issue on the main repo for the bios getter for now.
birdybro~
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

Absolutely spectacular that we have Satellaview support now! It's amazing because this is one of those obscure consoles that are impossible to play via normal means. Thanks so much to the team!

I wanted to report that every game I came across works perfectly, except BS Fire Emblem. No version of that game will load for me so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this issue. Also, it's no easy feat so it's no big deal if it gets done, but it would be nice to have a fast-forward button like the GBA core because some of these start-up screens take forever.

Overall, just wanted to thank the team for this huge milestone.

Edit: It seems that after watching owlnonymous' video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S2O1Ov0Zb8, that you need a custom patched MiSTer bios to load many games. Does anyone know how to obtain this?
TLPD-AVW

Unread post by TLPD-AVW »

I found by testing random games that two out of seven currently available Kirby's Toy Box games fail to boot using BS-X: Kirby no Omochabako - Baseball and Kirby no Omochabako - Pinball. They both cause error 09 and delete themselves from simulated memory pak.
20201017_201457-Kirby no Omochabako - Baseball (Japan).png
20201017_201457-Kirby no Omochabako - Baseball (Japan).png (3.78 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
20201017_202943-Kirby no Omochabako - Pinball (Japan).png
20201017_202943-Kirby no Omochabako - Pinball (Japan).png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
Kinda annoying that you have to delete save files after that error to get downloaded games back and test them again, but whatever, that's the original behavior. I later tested both rom files on Snes9x and successfully launched them through BS-X.
wark91
Core Developer

Unread post by wark91 »

Just search on google "BS-X no drm bios"
KremlingKuthroat19

wark91 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm Just search on google "BS-X no drm bios"
Worked like a charm. Thanks!
DiamanteLoco

Unread post by DiamanteLoco »

Does the SNES core on the MiSTer support the folder structure to play Powerfest 94 and Campus Challenge?
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

What is the best BIOS or BIOSes we should get?
KremlingKuthroat19

Moondandy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:25 am What is the best BIOS or BIOSes we should get?
I'm not going to link it for obvious reasons but it will require you to patch the existing bios, or maybe you can find an existing pre-patched bios. The latest patch is from 2016 and it's an English + No-DRM patch. Once patched correctly, and after you enter your name and gender on the startup, it should greet you and say something like "Welcome to MiSTer Satellaview support!" That's how you know you have the correct bios.

From an earlier post: Just search on google "BS-X no drm bios"