Is there an Amstrad ROM in Spanish for MiSTer?

celestinox

Is there an Amstrad ROM in Spanish for MiSTer?

Unread post by celestinox »

Hi.

Is there a ROM for Mister in Spanish?

A greeting.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Is there an Amstrad ROM in Spanish for MiSTer?

Unread post by Newsdee »

You mean a menu in Spanish? No, only English.
Reed_Solomon

Unread post by Reed_Solomon »

No. Language options would be nice to see though.
Lemonici

Unread post by Lemonici »

Todavía no hay traducciones para los menús. Mándeme mensaje directo y le puedo ayudar con lo que necesite.

Devs, if you see this, I'm willing to translate the menus into Spanish. I have a decent command of the language and some (minor) formal training in translation. Can't guarantee perfection, but I'll do the legwork and a native speaker can verify/edit.
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

Unfortunately the text translation would be the easy part. Just from glancing at it (and remembering the work I did in main mister source code earlier this year) the code isn't really setup in a way that translations can be done. It would be a fairly large refactoring to get it to that point. There are TONS of static strings spread out all over the code. On top of that, each individual core provides the strings for their menu, so that's embedded in the RBF.

I also seem to remember the menu core may not play nicely with extended character sets, so that's another hurdle.

I agree it would be nice to have, but it's a long path ahead to get there.
celestinox

Unread post by celestinox »

Hi.

I have explained myself wrong. I don't need mister menus in Spanish. I am referring to the Amstrad ROM in Spanish. In Spain computers were sold with the ROM in Spanish, with the letter "ñ" and the corresponding keyboard layout. It seems they called it cpc472. I don't really need in cpc472 but just that the keyboard map matches the Spanish layout and the letter "ñ" if possible.

If it's complex, I forget about it.

A greeting and thanks for the answers.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

A bit more info on CPC models https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/472
And did a quick look trough this google search http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=CPC464+ROM+(40037) (that the wiki page said is the spanish rom) and think i found some spanish cpc roms too download (do not know spanish at all so can´t be sure)

If not you could google this http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cpc+472+spanish+rom instead but did not find as much info on rom downloads here but again no spanish so i could be wrong.
It seems like it´s the same spanish rom for both the spanish 472 and 464 roms and the 472 have 8k more ram, that could be a problem running that rom on mister, or it could run fine.
Only testing will tell, or if someone already know.