Can confirm Astro City Mini Arcade Stick works with MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
LXZ

Can confirm Astro City Mini Arcade Stick works with MiSTer

Unread post by LXZ »

Hey guys,

in case anyone else except me was wondering - I just wanted to quickly confirm that today I was able to test the newly released Astro City Mini Arcade Stick from Segatoys ( https://amzn.to/34A3yRM ) and I can confirm that it works with MISTer. Think this might be interesting because AFAIK Segatoys doesn't tell what it's compatible with other than the Astro City Mini. I can also confirm that the stick and buttons on this are actually made by Sanwa and that the general build quality is great. It's basically a Virtua Stick High Grade from the PS3 days. I will use mine for Neo Geo specifically and CPS2 eventually.

71KGAPsY4qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71KGAPsY4qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Waifu4Life

Re: Can confirm Astro City Mini Arcade Stick works with MiSTer

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

Any input delay in fighting games like on NEO-GEO and CPS1?
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads-up.
Brettster

Unread post by Brettster »

The Astro City joypad works on Mister too
Arcade, Video Game and Tech Junkie
matthewpont

Unread post by matthewpont »

Awesome. Mine comes in a few days.
Insert Disk Two

LXZ wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:11 pm Hey guys,

in case anyone else except me was wondering - I just wanted to quickly confirm that today I was able to test the newly released Astro City Mini Arcade Stick from Segatoys ( https://amzn.to/34A3yRM ) and I can confirm that it works with MISTer. Think this might be interesting because AFAIK Segatoys doesn't tell what it's compatible with other than the Astro City Mini. I can also confirm that the stick and buttons on this are actually made by Sanwa and that the general build quality is great. It's basically a Virtua Stick High Grade from the PS3 days. I will use mine for Neo Geo specifically and CPS2 eventually.

71KGAPsY4qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71KGAPsY4qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
Would a layout like this be comfortable for Neogeo on this stick:

BCD
A
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

It's so easy to make a custom stick, that I wouldn't be shelling the money for this particular one, hoping to duplicate NeoGeo.
Only thing you need is a case, a Seimitsu LS-40 stick, and some PS-14-GN buttons (+ a low latency board like the Brook ZeroPi) :)
Waifu4Life

lamarax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:50 pm It's so easy to make a custom stick, that I wouldn't be shelling the money for this particular one, hoping to duplicate NeoGeo.
Only thing you need is a case, a Seimitsu LS-40 stick, and some PS-14-GN buttons (+ a low latency board like the Brook ZeroPi) :)
If you have the time and the skills, that's great, but for most people, this Joystick is great and looks great.
Insert Disk Two

Yeah this stick looks... Just perfect
LXZ

Unread post by LXZ »

the_importer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:22 pm Any input delay in fighting games like on NEO-GEO and CPS1?
No scientific tests conducted but I didn't observe anything that feels like (noticeable) input lag.

Insert Disk Two wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Would a layout like this be comfortable for Neogeo on this stick:

BCD
A
That's exactly how I set mine up and how I want to convert my dedicated stick. I will use Sanwa Buttons in Red, green, yellow and blue, red for start, yellow for select / coin and blank plugs for the 2 remaining holes. And an octagonal restrictor plate for the JLF joystick. And of course a custom overlay in the white/blue design of the japanese MVS cabinets. SNK back in the day had Seimitsu parts on their all their Japanese cabinets as a factory default but I am sort of Team Sanwa.
lamarax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:50 pm It's so easy to make a custom stick, that I wouldn't be shelling the money for this particular one, hoping to duplicate NeoGeo.
13 years ago I got into that whole "build your own arcade controls and cabinets" thing. I have been there and done that. And frankly, it's all just not worth it for me from a time perspective. I was quite happy to see Sega release this one as I find the Hori Arcade Sticks too overloaded (PS4 trackpad, too many unnecessary extra switches and buttons, etc.)
Waifu4Life

I got my Arcade Stick last Sunday, works like a charm, will probably buy a 2nd one.
mattsoft

Unread post by mattsoft »

Sounds like these are much better quality than those SNK Neo Geo X controllers.