3D Printed Case for iPad Display

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Sigismond0

3D Printed Case for iPad Display

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

Just finished designing a 3D printable case for anyone using the iPad display! I know Greg Collins/collingall/LaserBear is working on his own design, but if you're impatient like me you're welcome to use it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4721767

JBuGweY.jpeg
JBuGweY.jpeg (382.14 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
p7ENT73.jpeg
p7ENT73.jpeg (181.02 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
r2Au69s.jpeg
r2Au69s.jpeg (135.86 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
ZBM1xb5.jpg
ZBM1xb5.jpg (168.08 KiB) Viewed 3457 times

The PVM hanger isn't published, since I don't expect a lot of people to have a PMV-20M2MDU. I would expect it to fit on the non-medical equivalent, but can't make any promises. Can make the file available if anyone's interested, and they're in with the source CAD as well.
NegSol

Re: 3D Printed Case for iPad Display

Unread post by NegSol »

Really nice looking! Thumbs up!! :)
belgarcat

Unread post by belgarcat »

This is fantastic! I like both the case and the stand.
muthuxmut

Unread post by muthuxmut »

I have the case printed up but finding those tiny screws at a reasonable price is somewhat elisive where i am ....
Are you counter sunk ?

OMG, i've reread your description :o hahaha, what a goose.
Found the right screws on ebay for quite cheap considering what else i'd seen
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143327418815

Thanks for the design, I have it loosely assembled and now cant wait to get it together properly
Galaga Tragic :)
xelizor

Unread post by xelizor »

Great job, thank you for your work! :)

Just a question guys: Does this screen/driver integer-scale all the resolutions so that we can have pixel-perfect output from mister?

Is it possible to have a back side of this case in order to accommodate the driver horizontally? I think that by this we would be able to put the case in tate mode more easily ^^

Best Regards!
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

xelizor wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 pm Great job, thank you for your work! :)

Just a question guys: Does this screen/driver integer-scale all the resolutions so that we can have pixel-perfect output from mister?

Is it possible to have a back side of this case in order to accommodate the driver horizontally? I think that by this we would be able to put the case in tate mode more easily ^^

Best Regards!
As long as you set your MiSTer config to the native resolution and have all of your cores set for pixel perfect output, you're good.

The VESA mounts should be sufficient for playing in TATE mode--the little bracket I'm using in my pictures allows me to rotate 90 degrees, as an example. Any VESA mounting solution will allow you to have it rotated.
xelizor

Unread post by xelizor »

Sigismond0 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:28 pm
xelizor wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 pm Great job, thank you for your work! :)

Best Regards!
As long as you set your MiSTer config to the native resolution and have all of your cores set for pixel perfect output, you're good.

The VESA mounts should be sufficient for playing in TATE mode--the little bracket I'm using in my pictures allows me to rotate 90 degrees, as an example. Any VESA mounting solution will allow you to have it rotated.
That's excellent news! I was concerned that the plugged cables would provoke some sort of damage when rotating the screen. That's just what I need to hear before ordering one! :D

Once more thank you very much for sharing your work with us!

Regards