UltimateMiSTer.com

Only for official MiSTer project addon boards!
morecoffee

Re: UltimateMiSTer.com

Unread post by morecoffee »

Happy New Years. I ordered my UltimatePro Kit and excited about receiving it. I see you plan to sell a Wireless Mouse 8BitDo N30. I'm curious if it could work with Mister as mouse & controller at the same time so it could be both a light gun & controller at the same time. It would be really cool if the touch pad scroll area could be remapped to start and select for some classic duck hunt.
EmperorStorky

Unread post by EmperorStorky »

I ordered mine on January 6th and I am very excited. Ordered several 8BitDo bluetooth controllers (SN30 pro and M30) and a NeoGeo X arcade stick. It's good to see so many happy people that it's worth waiting for my order to be shipped.
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

I'm trying to be fastest possible shipping all :) thanks for all your support.

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

rickdangerous wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:55 pm I'm trying to be fastest possible shipping all :) thanks for all your support.
CTT (the Portuguese Post) doesn't particularly help :mrgreen:, but indeed you Ricardo, you're doing your best!
EmperorStorky

rickdangerous wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:55 pm I'm trying to be fastest possible shipping all :) thanks for all your support.
Is there a way to get an estimate? And when it's being shipped I get a tracking code? I am so hyped after see so many awesome videos about the various cores.
rickdangerous

This week I will have all orders shipped and stock updated for next orders. You should get a tracking number by email as soon got dispatched.

Aurora7

Unread post by Aurora7 »

What’s the situation with shipping to the UK regarding Tax/VAT.

I see VAT is paid at checkout, does that mean if I ordered I wouldn’t be charged VAT on arrival in the UK? Or should the VAT not be paid at checkout for the UK anymore?
EmperorStorky

Got my tracking code :) Anyone can tell what the average time is in between getting the tracking code and actually receiving the package (within the EU)?
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Only today I've mustered the courage to dismantle my whole setup to bits, just to install an RTC board I got from Ricardo weeks ago.

Success! It works flawlessly (even with a cheap no-name battery I put inside :? )
EmperorStorky wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:36 pm Got my tracking code :) Anyone can tell what the average time is in between getting the tracking code and actually receiving the package (within the EU)?
Well, that depends really... I've had my main MiSTer setup delivered in no time back in November, while the RTC order above took a looong detour through an unrelated country, before arriving a month+ later (although that was over the Christmas period along with Covid related delays)
EmperorStorky

I am checking my code since yesterday, no movement status still says "Item accepted". Tracking a shipment is always the "fun" part haha. I have a Portuguese co-worker and told me that it sometimes can take a while.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

I think logistics are beginning to smooth inside the EU, despite the all-around menace of Covid :)
venalaine

Unread post by venalaine »

I think there is something wrong with logistics inside the EU at the moment. I ordered one Mister setup just before Christmas and it arrived before new year so it was really fast. I love Mister and wanted get another setup to be used in another place. So I did another order. It was shipped 9 days ago, but nothing has happened in tracking after the parcel left Portugal. I just hope it's not lost.
rickdangerous

All slow but nothing lost (just happen once in years). I was also a bit late with orders from holidays, probably was dispatched not so fast as first.

venalaine

Let's hope so. :) The tracking shows that international dispatch happened on Wednesday, 20 January 2021. Maybe some stuff which is normally handled as an air freight is now transported by tucks because of new travel restrictions in different EU countries.
dmckean

Unread post by dmckean »

venalaine wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm Let's hope so. :) The tracking shows that international dispatch happened on Wednesday, 20 January 2021. Maybe some stuff which is normally handled as an air freight is now transported by tucks because of new travel restrictions in different EU countries.
I ship a lot of stuff world wide and it seems like since last March a lot of stuff is being released by customs in batches. Packages will sit in customs for 2-3 weeks and then all move at once.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

venalaine wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm Let's hope so. :) The tracking shows that international dispatch happened on Wednesday, 20 January 2021. Maybe some stuff which is normally handled as an air freight is now transported by tucks because of new travel restrictions in different EU countries.
After your tracker indicates that a shipment has left the country of origin, you should switch to your local service for monitoring. Ricardo dispatches orders with CTT which is the national post/carrier of Portugal, so that generally means shipments will be handled by the respective national carrier in the destination country (e.g. Deutsche Post in Germany, Royal Mail in the UK, La Poste in France etc.)

An alternative is to use an "aggregator" tracking site, such as 17track.net (especially if you're expecting stuff from outside the EU).
EmperorStorky

I got mine today, will order the 4A PSU, I actually wonder in several videos I saw that the USB hub had a separate socket for power, is this with this one internal?
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

EmperorStorky wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 pm I got mine today, will order the 4A PSU, I actually wonder in several videos I saw that the USB hub had a separate socket for power, is this with this one internal?
You have to use a splitter such as this, no matter the juice of the power supply.

Portugal right now seems to be in dire straits with the pandemic, so we should keep that in mind re: delays from Ricardo.
EmperorStorky

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:55 pm
EmperorStorky wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 pm I got mine today, will order the 4A PSU, I actually wonder in several videos I saw that the USB hub had a separate socket for power, is this with this one internal?
You have to use a splitter such as this, no matter the juice of the power supply.

Portugal right now seems to be in dire straits with the pandemic, so we should keep that in mind re: delays from Ricardo.
I see so usage of it as there is like I said no second power connector. Just 1 5V DC and below that I see 2 "Pwr Only" USB connectors

Mei1Exl.jpeg
Mei1Exl.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 9726 times
rickdangerous

You don't have to use external cables / splitters in any MiSTer we sell. We do the split internally. One power plug rule them all :twisted:

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

huh, that must be new :? . In any case those usb ports are both power out I think. Still, you'd need a splitter between the barrel 5VDC-in and the usb port, in case one of the two is for power in (this doesn't make sense really; but I have a BlisSTer board so don't take my advice for granted)

Ahh ok, that's a new development then 😳
rickdangerous

EmperorStorky wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:09 pm

I see so usage of it as there is like I said no second power connector. Just 1 5V DC and below that I see 2 "Pwr Only" USB connectors
The 2 Power Only ports can be used to power Speakers, external HDD and others.

rickdangerous

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:24 pm huh, that must be new :? . In any case those usb ports are both power out I think. Still, you'd need a splitter between the barrel 5VDC-in and the usb port, in case one of the two is for power in (this doesn't make sense really; but I have a BlisSTer board so don't take my advice for granted)
That is done internally, we don't use external cables. We have done it pretty simple :idea:

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

rickdangerous wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:26 pm That is done internally, we don't use external cables. We have done it pretty simple :idea:
Is it not the standard 2.1 board then? Stealth upgrade?
rickdangerous

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:24 pm huh, that must be new :? . In any case those usb ports are both power out I think. Still, you'd need a splitter between the barrel 5VDC-in and the usb port, in case one of the two is for power in (this doesn't make sense really; but I have a BlisSTer board so don't take my advice for granted)

Ahh ok, that's a new development then 😳
We have been using this method for almost 2 years. That's why we don't sell those cables for 2 years or more.

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

I'm a BlisSTer man myself, so I couldn't know (▔▀ ‿ ▔▀ )ლ ▂▂⌇

:P
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pmAfter your tracker indicates that a shipment has left the country of origin, you should switch to your local service for monitoring. Ricardo dispatches orders with CTT which is the national post/carrier of Portugal, so that generally means shipments will be handled by the respective national carrier in the destination country (e.g. Deutsche Post in Germany, Royal Mail in the UK, La Poste in France etc.)

An alternative is to use an "aggregator" tracking site, such as 17track.net (especially if you're expecting stuff from outside the EU).
In some cases yes.
But with postnord here in sweden they will change the tracking number 9 times of 10 when they put it in their system, meaning no one (the seller/the buyer/postnord/the other postalservice) will know anything.
Until postnord sends you a text or a letter saying you can come get it OR pay taxes on it if it's from outside the EU.

The few times they do not change the tracking id everyone can see what is happening and it often take about a week for any text/letter to show up.
venalaine

lamarax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pm After your tracker indicates that a shipment has left the country of origin, you should switch to your local service for monitoring. Ricardo dispatches orders with CTT which is the national post/carrier of Portugal, so that generally means shipments will be handled by the respective national carrier in the destination country (e.g. Deutsche Post in Germany, Royal Mail in the UK, La Poste in France etc.)

I have ordered stuff many times from various countries (UK, USA, Japan, China, France, Germany etc...) so I know how things work with tracking. Here in Finland the original tracking code is not usually changed by our local post office and tracking system is very reliable, I think. In this case the shipment just seems to be somewhere between the Portugal and Finland because last tracking info is dispatch from Portugal and Finland Post office tracking shows nothing. But I'm not too worried yet. I hope there will happen something during next week. :?

Ricardo sent the package on time, so this is not aimed at him. :)
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Dear Ricardo,

When :shock: ??

...and like somebody asked in that thread; will it be usable with the PC as well? I've been scouring the internets for a ready-made one such as this since I got Tempest4000. I managed to locate something similar in Japan a long time ago for top dollar, so I didn't buy it. Following releases by Jeff Minter (which are an experience *not-to-be-missed* especially in VR), made me forget about it for a while :mrgreen:

[Edit] Also, can it accept alternative flyweights and knobs such as these?
rickdangerous

lamarax wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 pm Dear Ricardo,

When :shock: ??

...and like somebody asked in that thread; will it be usable with the PC as well? I've been scouring the internets for a ready-made one such as this since I got Tempest4000. I managed to locate something similar in Japan a long time ago for top dollar, so I didn't buy it. Following releases by Jeff Minter (which are an experience *not-to-be-missed* especially in VR), made me forget about it for a while :mrgreen:

[Edit] Also, can it accept alternative flyweights and knobs such as these?
@lamarax

Yes it's also compatible with MAME and Retroarch. Our Spinners have premium factory quality and are not cheap but work perfectly. New products will come based on this type of production.

When... I already have 160 unit reserved. We will open backorders of this soon.
Actually I already have almost all product in backorder due the high demand, with 1 week to ship. Have stock of all, 200 boards of all items produced, but need time to check, prepare and ship.

Keep Safe,
Enjoy MiSTer