eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Re: eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates and Support

Unread post by flynnsbit »

allyourbasekris wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:45 am Well looks like I'm converting ISO to CHDS after work. Great job!
Yup, let us know if you have any problems. It should auto detect whether you have CHDs or BIN/CUE/ISO and mount accordingly so all you need to do is to make sure you are on v0.7.5 of the pack and convert your cds with the exact same structure. So /media/fat/games/a0486/cd/game/gamename.chd

You need at least v.0.5 of the MiSTer Top300 Update script under _mister on GH for this to work properly so make sure you go wget that again.
Martin8bity

Unread post by Martin8bity »

Updater v.0.6 udpated it to 0.7.5 and evertything seems to be ok, thanks.
MikkyTee

Unread post by MikkyTee »

Ok managed to update to 0.7.5, the new script didnt work, it just says press key, press key and then goes back to the main menu. I got the update folder and copied the files into the dos vhd. Now it loads ok, and the list is there, but im getting the chd error, so what do i need to do now? Do i have to convert the cd's to something else now?! Bit confused here..
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

MikkyTee wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:22 pm Ok managed to update to 0.7.5, the new script didnt work, it just says press key, press key and then goes back to the main menu. I got the update folder and copied the files into the dos vhd. Now it loads ok, and the list is there, but im getting the chd error, so what do i need to do now? Do i have to convert the cd's to something else now?! Bit confused here..
the new new new script from like 8 hours ago?
moondynejoe

Unread post by moondynejoe »

I have the same problem with the update script.
I updated with an old script and got the warning text about the new script, downloaded the new one and it gives the same result as the poster above.
MikkyTee

Yes or so i thought, getting 404 now, any ideas?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

MikkyTee wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 pm Yes or so i thought, getting 404 now, any ideas?
Sorry, I've been making a lot of changes to try and stabilize the CFIS mounting some people do. Try again now, need to wget the original update script again.
moondynejoe

Unread post by moondynejoe »

I am following the instructions found here (https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_updates)
however when I SSH into my mister and enter
"wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/flynn ... 00_Pack.sh" as instructed I get an error " no such file or directory"

Am I doing this wrong? I am no expert with SSH so it is entirely possible.

Right clicking and choosing "save as" then moving the file to scripts folder on mister works though
MikkyTee

Ok, last night when i was using the mister, i loaded project x, now for some reason im stuck in a loop with it, if i reset the core and go back to ao486, it loads me straight into the game again, i tried removing the configs and let the mister build those again but no luck, anyone know how to get back to the tdl?

*Edit* i just went ahead an replaced the vhd's with the originals and ran the update again, all seems to be working well now. 8-)
chocomochino

Unread post by chocomochino »

Hello is everyone else having issues running dark forces with sound? I ran the script and look at the video Flynn uploaded, but in that video it ran fine, i have no idea with in my setup is having issues, i go configure the sound, it crashes while exiting have to restart the core, and when i go back it shows an error in initializing the sound and loads without sound
erichca99

Unread post by erichca99 »

So I downloaded the top 300 pack from archive.org--I copied the results to my SD card at \games\ao486\

So considering one game (Abuse) I have on my SD Card

\games\ao486\cd\Abuse\ (3 files at this path: abusev2.ccd, abusev2.img, and abusev2.sub)

I then ran Abuse and everything worked.

Then I ran the updating script to update to the latest version. After I ran that script, Abuse (and all other games with CDs) stopped working.

I now get this message:

No files found -> D:\*.*
ADD "/cd/Abuse/abusev2.img" to "/Games/AO486/CD/. RESTARTING."

How do I fix this--is the script broken?--Did I extract the 300 DOS pack to the wrong paths?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Looks like there is something up with the auto detection script that is trying to decide if you have CHD or IMG. You can just manually roll back to one of the other releases and extract update.zip/c update.zip/E to the VHDs by mounting them in Windows. I'll check it see if I have the same issue.

https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... ag/v.0.7.4
KnC

Unread post by KnC »

erichca99 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:54 am No files found -> D:\*.*
ADD "/cd/Abuse/abusev2.img" to "/Games/AO486/CD/. RESTARTING."

How do I fix this--is the script broken?--Did I extract the 300 DOS pack to the wrong paths?
rename the iso or chd as it named abuse v2.img in the download and the new bat is looking for it without a space
chocomochino

@flynnsbit, is there anyway i can debug dark forces to see why it's not allowing sound? sound works on the setup tool; i'm using pro irq 7 dma1;
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

chocomochino wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:04 pm @flynnsbit, is there anyway i can debug dark forces to see why it's not allowing sound? sound works on the setup tool; i'm using pro irq 7 dma1;
If you get sound working the way you want with setup, then you need to overwrite the sound config in either the SB16, MT32, or SC55 directory in the game folder with yours. Then when you select that option in the run it will copy your file and not the one that is there. Hopefully that makes since. If you are having to fix it, then I probably need to fix it in the github update file as well so send me yours or submit it as a PR.
so
I am assuming it will be this file: https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... /DARK/SB16. So after running setup and getting it right, copy this file: https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... /IMUSE.INI to the path above if you are fixing sound blaster.
chocomochino

Alright i'll run some test in the afternoon and i'll let you know, thx for the reply!
MikeS1
Core Developer

Unread post by MikeS1 »

Anyone know the best way to expand the VHD? I installed NHL95 and am at 7MB left of 23GB :)
MrX_Cuci

Unread post by MrX_Cuci »

Hmmm....scripts seems to look at media/fat/games, but I have them on media/usb0/games i can't seem to find any mnetion of the games directory in the 0.76 update script. Can anyone tell me where to put the path in the SH file?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

MrX_Cuci wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 am Hmmm....scripts seems to look at media/fat/games, but I have them on media/usb0/games i can't seem to find any mnetion of the games directory in the 0.76 update script. Can anyone tell me where to put the path in the SH file?
For now, pull this script down and edit the top for /usb0. I'll fix it to where it finds it in the next revision:
https://git.io/JtMwe

Code: Select all

# Base directory for all script’s tasks, "/media/fat" for SD root, "/media/usb0" for USB drive root.
BASE_PATH="/media/usb0"

then run it.
MrX_Cuci

Unread post by MrX_Cuci »

Thanks this worked. Seems like a big revision to the previous script.

Updated to 0.75 the scripts says.
wackygamer

Unread post by wackygamer »

Thank you so much for the pack, the dedication to old dos gaming is 100%!

Ive run into a problem I cant figure out how to solve, prior to the update Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior worked at the proper resolution (I use 640x480 output with vga on the mister IO) to my old crt. With the latest script the only way to get the resolution to work
is to go into the setup and change it to 320x200 then save and start from there.. once I quit and try to launch without the setup the resolution is off again (only showing the top portion stretched out). Ive quit to dos and ran both from command prompt with no problems.
Attachments
vga.jpg
vga.jpg (76.41 KiB) Viewed 7752 times
chocomochino

I'm building my own VHD but i might use some of the games in this pack is there any way to see the src of the patches so i can apply them manually?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

wackygamer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 pm Thank you so much for the pack, the dedication to old dos gaming is 100%!

Ive run into a problem I cant figure out how to solve, prior to the update Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior worked at the proper resolution (I use 640x480 output with vga on the mister IO) to my old crt. With the latest script the only way to get the resolution to work
is to go into the setup and change it to 320x200 then save and start from there.. once I quit and try to launch without the setup the resolution is off again (only showing the top portion stretched out). Ive quit to dos and ran both from command prompt with no problems.
Are you hard coding a video mode for ao486 in your mister.ini? That's the only way I see a vga monitoring doing this and only if you are setting a resolution below 640x480.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

chocomochino wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am I'm building my own VHD but i might use some of the games in this pack is there any way to see the src of the patches so i can apply them manually?
yes, every script update is on github: https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... main/games

Eventually you would be able to run this script against any built vhd if using ExoDOSConverter and Exodos as the base build. We are not there yet but getting closer. The converter has a static folder structure now so that needs to be back ported to the Top 300 original pack which will change every directory name to the new base naming convention.
wackygamer

Not sure, these are the settings I use to be able to use my vga monitor. Everything worked fine till I updated with the script :(
I had to use the vga scaler for the atari st core, since it would not display without it on.

[MiSTer]
;VIDEO MODE
video_mode = 6
;VIDEO SETTINGS
menu_pal = 0
dvi_mode = 0
fb_terminal = 1
fb_size = 0
video_info = 0
hdmi_limited = 0
vsync_adjust = 2
;VGA SETTINGS
forced_scandoubler = 1
ypbpr = 0
composite_sync = 0
vga_scaler = 1
direct_video = 0
;VIDEO SCALING
vscale_mode = 0
vscale_border = 0
;AUDIO SETTINGS
hdmi_audio_96k = 0
volumectl = 1
;MISC SETTINGS
key_menu_as_rgui = 0
rbf_hide_datecode = 0
;bootscreen = 0
recents = 0
gamepad_defaults = 1
keyrah_mode = 0x18d80002
reset_combo = 0
osd_timeout = 30
bootcore_timeout = 10
chocomochino

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:38 am
chocomochino wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am I'm building my own VHD but i might use some of the games in this pack is there any way to see the src of the patches so i can apply them manually?
yes, every script update is on github: https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... main/games

Eventually you would be able to run this script against any built vhd if using ExoDOSConverter and Exodos as the base build. We are not there yet but getting closer. The converter has a static folder structure now so that needs to be back ported to the Top 300 original pack which will change every directory name to the new base naming convention.

Thx, can i ask do i need to change mine from imgset to imgtry? in my vhd?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Imgtry is a batchscript that we setup to test the imgset command successfully mounted a cd and runs a diskcheck to see if it mounted. you should use imgset unless you want to duplicate what we did.
chocomochino

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm Imgtry is a batchscript that we setup to test the imgset command successfully mounted a cd and runs a diskcheck to see if it mounted. you should use imgset unless you want to duplicate what we did.
i ran the last version of exo converter and it throwed them as imgset that's why i was asking about converting them to imgtry, thx!
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

chocomochino wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:50 pm
flynnsbit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm Imgtry is a batchscript that we setup to test the imgset command successfully mounted a cd and runs a diskcheck to see if it mounted. you should use imgset unless you want to duplicate what we did.
i ran the last version of exo converter and it throwed them as imgset that's why i was asking about converting them to imgtry, thx!
Yeah, totally fair question. It's another thing that needs backporting to the Converter. Basically you can look at the Top 300 as the "development" pack to test and deploy new features and how to fix games, and then the intention is to backport all of those changes to the "foundation" ie, the Converter so that they are just there when people make packs. It's a lot longer process than I originally intended. Come to find out, this stuff is harder than it looks. :D
wackygamer

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 am
wackygamer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 pm Thank you so much for the pack, the dedication to old dos gaming is 100%!

Are you hard coding a video mode for ao486 in your mister.ini? That's the only way I see a vga monitoring doing this and only if you are setting a resolution below 640x480.
Not sure, these are the settings I use to be able to use my vga monitor. Everything worked fine till I updated with the script :(
I had to use the vga scaler for the atari st core, since it would not display without it on.

[MiSTer]
;VIDEO MODE
video_mode = 6
;VIDEO SETTINGS
menu_pal = 0
dvi_mode = 0
fb_terminal = 1
fb_size = 0
video_info = 0
hdmi_limited = 0
vsync_adjust = 2
;VGA SETTINGS