Problem with HBMAME Getter (update_all.sh)

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
jca
Top Contributor

Problem with HBMAME Getter (update_all.sh)

Unread post by jca »

I just ran the update all script and got the following error:
MRA: /media/usb0/_Arcade/_alternatives/_Street Fighter Zero -CPS Changer/Street Fighter Zero CPS 1.5 - HBMame.mra
ZIP: sfzch_cps15.zip (Ver facps15hack)
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden

0 byte file found for sfzch_cps15.zip!
This happens when the file is missing or unavailable from the download source.
rm: cannot remove '/media/usb0/games/hbmame/sfzch_cps15.zip': No such file or directory

Is this some kind of Patreon only access?
mhartman

Re: Problem with HBMAME Getter (update_all.sh)

Unread post by mhartman »

Same issue here for the last few weeks.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

For me it is the first time this happens but I just figure out 2 things:
I was running the script in order to get the new Jotego core. During the update I saw references to this core but did not pay much attention, when I tried to run this new arcade I could not find it in the menu. I looked in the Arcade directory and found the jtrumble rbf with the mras.
I moved it to the core subdirectory and re-ran the update all script. The Jotego updater downloaded The Speed Rumbler (set 1).mra, the MAME and HBMAME Getters did not download anything but the srumbler.zip was in the mame directory with the time indicating it was downloaded on the first update, same for the alternates.
Regarding the sfzch_cps15.zip I have an idea of what it is but will have to double check: when Jotego was developing QSound for CPS 1.5 someone hacked 3 CPS 1 cores to add QSound: Megaman, SFZ and another one I don't remember. I found the 3 mras and zips which I manually installed. At the same time I was experimenting with "Switch to USB" and at some point I switched from NTFS to exFAT. In the process I think I did not copy back everything but I have a backup.

In conclusion: Forget about my first post but it seems the Jotego updater glitched when installing the jtrumble rbf. At this point everything seems OK, I just have to go to my backup and find these 3 CPS1 cores with QSound.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Sometimes the hbmame archives they are referencing to download the roms end up being closed down and the list doesn't get updated.

In this case the street fighter zero hack is down on the website they are referencing, hence the error.
birdybro~
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Thanks aberu.
Regarding the Jotego updater glitch it was indeed an error from Jotego and it is fixed. Someone else pointed this to him and I guess he fixed it between my 2 updates.
mhartman

Unread post by mhartman »

Wait - Speed Rumbler? Yes!!!! I was so close to pulling the trigger on the PCB the other day. Glad that I waited. Jotego is the man!