Komani´s Hyper sports

Darthcustom

Komani´s Hyper sports

Unread post by Darthcustom »

I was playing Hypersports in C64 and I'm wondering if the Arcade version could be available, knowing that there are many titles from Konami. What HW was Hyper sports based on? Is it similar to there ported Konami´s arcade games?

Anyone working on porting it? Would like to get in touch....

Thanks
technotaff

Re: Komani´s Hyper sports

Unread post by technotaff »

Konami boards use a lot of custom logic, not all have them have been fully reverse engineered yet.

People like furrtek are slowly cataloguing custom ICs but it's a nightmarish job.

Then scene-geniuses like Jotego have to port their findings into VHDL.

I'm sure we'll get there eventually, I've already offered a couple of Konami boards to furrtek for sacrifice but they're of the "turtles era".
venice
Top Contributor

Unread post by venice »

I like to see Hyper Sports and Hyper Olympics (>3 hrs gaming for 1 coin) cores as well,
but see the MSX Port as an really good alternative.

My MiSTer Add-On-Projects tty2oled, i2c2oled, SNAC2IEC
You can donate by sending a Postcard to me.

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

venice wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:30 pm I like to see Hyper Sports and Hyper Olympics (>3 hrs gaming for 1 coin) cores as well,
but see the MSX Port as an really good alternative.
msx hyper sports is hard as nails isnt it! Took me an hour to get past the diving the first time i played it.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

Hi everyone,
Don`t worry I`m soon going to sent some pcb`s to Jotego and in there is a original arcade Hyper Olympics pcb, so once Jotego has done this it`s easy for him also to release Hyper sports because they are the same boards as far as I know....
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

Great news Gyruss!!! Thanks a lot
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

How about the original, Track and Field. This game used to cause a bit of controversy in our local arcade when it came out. The two jobsworth women who were in charge of the arcade had a rule of only two to a machine, because they always thought we were up to something. They always tried to throw us out when we had 4 players round the Track and Field machine.
RascalUK

Unread post by RascalUK »

Aspie wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 am How about the original, Track and Field.
That's Hyper Olympics. I have an original board and had to burn a couple of roms to get it to be Track and Field, title screen wise. Great game. Absolutely classic.
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

I have very fond memories of both hyper sports and track and field, i found a track and field with a joystick in Jersey on holiday that made it ridiculously easy, 10p lasted me hours. Hyper sports was always my favourite though, i still play it regularly on my cabinet.
venice
Top Contributor

Unread post by venice »

Gyruss wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm .. I`m soon going to sent some pcb`s to Jotego and it there is a original arcade Hyper Olympics pcb..
Many many Thanks for this :)

My MiSTer Add-On-Projects tty2oled, i2c2oled, SNAC2IEC
You can donate by sending a Postcard to me.

RascalUK

I remember seeing Hyper Sports for the first time on a kids TV gameshow called First Class. They played that and Paperboy. Used to fancy the presenter something rotten! (I was of that age, mid 80s.... Debbie something or other, think she was a former Miss UK!). That's a memory flood I've not had for a fair few years. Wow.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

venice wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 am
Gyruss wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm .. I`m soon going to sent some pcb`s to Jotego and it there is a original arcade Hyper Olympics pcb..
Many many Thanks for this :)
You will be amazed which original arcade pcb`s he will also get from me :D this is to help this great community and people who bring us such
great games from the past.
Gyruss

Unread post by Gyruss »

Yesterday I shipped 6 original arcade pcb`s to Jotego, hope they will arrive soon! you will be pleased to see these titels when they will be released.
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

RascalUK wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:51 am I remember seeing Hyper Sports for the first time on a kids TV gameshow called First Class. They played that and Paperboy. Used to fancy the presenter something rotten! (I was of that age, mid 80s.... Debbie something or other, think she was a former Miss UK!). That's a memory flood I've not had for a fair few years. Wow.
Debbie Greenwood, she was on everything back then. Barry's Joypad surely tops that because it had Jet from Gladiators :shock:
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

RascalUK wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:51 am I remember seeing Hyper Sports for the first time on a kids TV gameshow called First Class. They played that and Paperboy. Used to fancy the presenter something rotten! (I was of that age, mid 80s.... Debbie something or other, think she was a former Miss UK!). That's a memory flood I've not had for a fair few years. Wow.
Yeah that good

Recently watched series one of both Gamesmaster and Bad influence and was surprised that both was 1992, I thought they were earlier....

Great member Berries though, was great to see a younger Jimmy White before the hair transplant
RascalUK

I used to work as a researcher on Bad Influence briefly back in the day.
nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

Great news in the works it sounds then!

Interesting that FGPA Arcade already has some of these Konami titles - shame it's not open like MiSTer. Oh well, in time we'll have them.
jotego
Core Developer

Unread post by jotego »

This is a board that looks simple, and so it's tempting to attempt to do it in a week at any given month. But the devil is always in the details...
Open IP for many chips in my github account
RBF files for my MiSTer cores in jtbin
Support new IP and core development here
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

technotaff wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:13 pm Konami boards use a lot of custom logic, not all have them have been fully reverse engineered yet.

People like furrtek are slowly cataloguing custom ICs but it's a nightmarish job.

Then scene-geniuses like Jotego have to port their findings into VHDL.

I'm sure we'll get there eventually, I've already offered a couple of Konami boards to furrtek for sacrifice but they're of the "turtles era".
Besides Naomi, Dreamcast, 3DO, PSX, Saturn, and later OpenBORs such as TMNT Rescue Palooza and Shellshocked most of which range from near impossible to unlikely to see cores made on the Mister. TMNT Arcades would be top 3 on my bucket list. Which even by your current statements here I find the likelihood someone makes a core for that to be more likely than Naomi or Dreamcast.

I just wanna thank u for donating your board. Couldn't of been easy!
Dreams don't die!
johhenrik

Unread post by johhenrik »

jotego wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 am This is a board that looks simple, and so it's tempting to attempt to do it in a week at any given month. But the devil is always in the details...
"Look over there! In the details. I see the devil!" :)

Thanks jotego!