2P Mapping [Arduino/daemonbite]

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Kenzo

2P Mapping [Arduino/daemonbite]

Unread post by Kenzo »

Hi,

I just finished soldering 2 arduinos and flashed daemonbites encoder on both.

My question is: How can I map the 2nd joystick and buttons?

Do I have to do a generic 2P mapping in mister first,?

I understand I have to map via core or game..e.g "Define neogeo buttons" ...."define buttons for mvsf".

Will mapping 2P overight 1P mapping? (there isn' a 2p mapping option as far as I can tell...

The joystick ID seems to be the same for both 1p and 2p (ID shown when mapping). Is this normal behaviour?

Note - the arduinos for p1 and p2 don't have matching button inputs and have been wired randomly (so long as it is a button supporting pin). I assumed it didn't matter where b1,2,3 is allocated to as it could be mapped later...is this assumption correct?

Thanks
Stupid Dufus

Re: 2P Mapping [Arduino/daemonbite]

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

Been a while since I made mine (2 players per adapter), but as far as I remember I just plugged them in, set the controller mappings per core and that was it. Each controller registers separately for mappings.
Kenzo

Re: 2P Mapping [Arduino/daemonbite]

Unread post by Kenzo »

I have 6 button setup, in a 3 top, 3 bottom config. I find that mapping neogeo a b c d left to right (top 3 and 1st on bottom row) works, but it also maps the 6th button too when it wasn't pressed

Any idea what might be causing this?

I was told the following
...I'd go into DaemonbiteArcadeEncoder.ino, go to line 36 and change it to like "Daemonbite Arcade_P2" (I would probably also change line 34 to "NeoGeo to USB_P2"), reflash one of the arduinos, remap that stick in the main MiSTer joystick menu (and the core you're using) and try again.
Anyone done this?