MiSTer not recognizing any input devices

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Hyborealist

MiSTer not recognizing any input devices

Unread post by Hyborealist »

Hi,

I could use some help on this if anyone has any ideas, I have used my MiSTer for years now with no issues, late last year i got a BliSster v2 board, installed it used it a few times then shut my Mister down and didn't use it for months, turned it on recently and noticed my keyboard and wireless controller were not being recognized by the device.

I tried several different keyboards, wired controllers, uninstalled the Blisster and just ran barebones Mister and cannot get anything to register and move the needle at all on the OSD.

I also ordered a new power supply tried that no change, the MiSTer appears to boot just fine, the OSD pops up and the Reset, OSD and user buttons all work. just overall cannot get any input devices to work that have previously worked, anything file side on the microsd I should be looking at?

Thanks
jca
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer not recognizing any input devices

Unread post by jca »

You said you ran it barebone, did you use an OTG cable to connect your KB?
Hyborealist

Yes, a 3 Port usb OTG and a 1 to 1, neither worked.
zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

I had very similar symptoms recently with a very similar scenario. Mine appeared to be all about amps and a new, much higher ampage PSU solved the problem.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2691
Hyborealist

Thank you for the responses, one of the first things i considered was the PSU, I went from the PSU that comes with the unit to this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RT3ZPS/, still not working unfortunately :(