C64 Core - Device not present error

redmoonlevel9

C64 Core - Device not present error

Unread post by redmoonlevel9 »

For some reason I can no longer load any disks on my C64 core.
I haven't played it in a while, it's several updates since I have so maybe out of touch with something.
If I use either the DolphinDos or standard C64 rom I get the same error - Load "*",8,1 results in "?Device not present error"

Not sure what could be wrong as the drives are enabled and everything seems in order.
Anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks.
willinliv

Re: C64 Core - Device not present error

Unread post by willinliv »

Also have this, also new to Mister. Having used the MR Fusion install method, updating etc. so running Dolphindos 2. I was expecting to be able to load a .tap hit Shift+ESC, or Load"*". As with OP , I get

Searching for *
?Device not Present Error

I did not previously load or configure a Drive so I'm wondering if I missed this step. Thanks
willinliv

Unread post by willinliv »

Actually just trying out some different things, as suggested in this thread, moving to the standard C64 kernel allows it to work: viewtopic.php?t=1978

I've got a lot to learn!
Bas
Top Contributor

Unread post by Bas »

The core changed the enabling of drives. Maybe set drive 8 to always enabled. It defaults to only if mounted which may throw the ROM for a loop.
thera34

Unread post by thera34 »

When it happened to me a week or so ago, the solution was to delete the old C64.cfg file.
After that, all came back to normal (using standard C64 kernel). Maybe it helps.