Fixed TOS image for US layout keyboards on EU machine

evilbas

Fixed TOS image for US layout keyboards on EU machine

Unread post by evilbas »

Hello All !

I've recently received my mister board, and am very happy with it.

One of the first things I picked up again was starting up devpac and code again after 30 years :-)

Then the first problem came up, the normal UK tos (which I want to use, because of it was default in my days, also it's 50HZ):

The keyboard layout.
We don't use UK layout keyboards anymore here in the Netherlands, so I used a US layout USB keyboard.

But then I missed the '\' and the '#','@' was at a silly place. So I hexedited the UK rom, to make the keyboard layout conform US layout, but kept the 50HZ initial state.

I didnt' find it antwhere, but I'm willing to upload it somewhere (Only did te 1.62 STE version for now).
Don't know if there's still copyright issues with this.
I could send it to this site: http://www.avtandil.narod.ru/tose.html (that's where I got the original images from)

Regards,
Bas
KnC

Re: Fixed TOS image for US layout keyboards on EU machine

Unread post by KnC »

nice work but would it of not just been easier to change the US tos of 162 to 50hz by changing the offset 1D from 00 to 07 making it run at 50hz instead of changing all the keys on the uk tos to us
evilbas

Unread post by evilbas »

That would surely be a lot simpeler. Didn't check that offset btw
But that would still left the date/time format of files in a for me non logic way
Maverick of Light

Unread post by Maverick of Light »

Where can i change the y/z key in the UK 2.06 TOS romfile? Because my keyboard is german. Can't use the german tos because then there is no # key. And i need it for coding. Thx.