MegaAGS issue closing window in workbench

JaseDaMase

MegaAGS issue closing window in workbench

Unread post by JaseDaMase »

I've got minimig up and running and today grabbed the March megaAGS . I've gone to the workbench to change resolution but it asks me to close windows.I've closed the ones I opened as you would normally on an amiga but there is an AmigaDOS message window that is automatically there and I can't work out how to close it as it doesn't have the usual close button in the top left. I've searched here and googled and I am losing more hair than I already have, this is more lack of Amiga knowledge rather than the fantastic core and hdf image. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful. I've attached an image.
Attachments
1631657062197323994081274200582.jpg
1631657062197323994081274200582.jpg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 2516 times
CmputrBlu

Re: MegaAGS issue closing window in workbench

Unread post by CmputrBlu »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2861

This applies to the Save drive.
toastboy

Unread post by toastboy »

CmputrBlu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 am viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2861

You're right, it does relate to the save drive, but the link you've given relates to the problem where the MegaAGS save drive didn't have an RDB block, and the minimig code at the time wouldn't mount it. That problem was fixed a coupla months ago and won't affect new users.

What seems more likely is that @JaseDaMase hasn't declared the MegaAGS-Saves.hdf as a second hard disk in minimig config, so the startup-sequence doesn't finish cleanly and you're left with this window open. Also he won't be able to save any games.

See vaguely-related discussion on MegaAGS savegames here viewtopic.php?t=650

Side note. I really wish the RDB issue wasn't fixed and us mister users had to use real hard disk images.
Images with RDB are directly usable on a real amiga - just copy them block-for-block to SD/CF/HD and boot. WinUAE's RDB-less images are of much less use on real hardware, and were really meant for convenience when using an emulator.
JaseDaMase

I the save drive as a secondary hard drive as described. I initially had an older version but started fresh and didn't actually access the workbench on that one. I'm going to have a look in a moment and see if this information helps. I have saved a game but I haven't tried loading it and can't remember if it was on the previous version. I'm going to have a look later and see if this information sorts it. Thanks.
JaseDaMase

CmputrBlu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 am viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2861

Thank you, this worked. I didn't really think that the information on the window was telling me something lol but it makes sense now. I only ever used my real Amiga 1200 (Still have it) with floppies and never really accessed workbench. I actually read that thread beforehand too and it just didn't register!