MD+/MSU Games Are Here!

KnC

Re: MD+/MSU Games Are Here!

Unread post by KnC »

in that directory you have no mister cheat file
cart.rom = the patched rom -- Without cheat --
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Hack by ArcadeTV v1.0] [Color hack by SCD].zip = a copy of the patch it self
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Invincibility cheat].md = patched rom -- With invincibility cheat --
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD).iso = the music disk
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD).cue = cue file for the music disk

so you have 2 options if you want just invincibility you can rename the cart.rom to something else and the Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Invincibility cheat].md file to cart.rom that will give you ghostbusters with the invincibility cheat

or you can just copy the cheat file for ghostbusters (REV A) from the cheats/genesis folder to the msu ghostbusters folder to use the osd cheat menu to choose what cheats you want
Megahurtz

Unread post by Megahurtz »

KnC wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:47 pm in that directory you have no mister cheat file
cart.rom = the patched rom -- Without cheat --
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Hack by ArcadeTV v1.0] [Color hack by SCD].zip = a copy of the patch it self
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Invincibility cheat].md = patched rom -- With invincibility cheat --
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD).iso = the music disk
Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD).cue = cue file for the music disk

so you have 2 options if you want just invincibility you can rename the cart.rom to something else and the Ghostbusters (USA, Europe) (MSU-MD) [Invincibility cheat].md file to cart.rom that will give you ghostbusters with the invincibility cheat

or you can just copy the cheat file for ghostbusters (REV A) from the cheats/genesis folder to the msu ghostbusters folder to use the osd cheat menu to choose what cheats you want
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I *do* have a cheat zip in the directory. I copied Ghostbusters (World) [00419DA3].zip out of /media/fat/cheats/Genesis and placed it in my GB MSU-MD dir. Entering the cheat menu from the OSD lists the other four files (zip of the patch, invincibility rom, iso, and cue) as cheats to toggle on/off.

I'm not expecting the CRC matching to work since I'm using a patched rom, so I think I need to make the cheat zip's name match the rom. The OSD cheat menu is somehow picking up other files in the directory as individual cheats.

All that being said, I didn't try anything with the GB Rev A cheat zip. I'll give that one a go as well.
EDIT: I deleted the patch zip and cheat zip out of the directory and copied over the Rev A cheat file. Kept the same name as it originally had in the Genesis cheats dir and now all the cheats properly load up in the OSD. So I'm happy, but don't understand how that works. Like I said, the rom is patched for MSU and also has a re-color patch applied, so it won't match the CRC of the clean rom. And the cheat file's name doesn't match either the directory or cart.rom.
KnC

Unread post by KnC »

ok the patch is based on the REV A rom i did try it here and it worked ok and the cheats worked fine
this is what i have in my folder
Edit:- you edited before i posted :)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.32 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
frankbiv

Unread post by frankbiv »

Hello! I am still having issues with getting MD+ games to load on my Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro.
I also have a Terraonion Mega SD and everything works great!
For the Krikzz, I downloaded the ISPs, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
I believe I'm close, and I have a feeling I just need to rename some files?
Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Here are the screenshots of the Mega SD Folders/Files -and- of the Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro Folders/Files.
Thanks again so much! -Frank
Attachments
Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro MD+
Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro MD+
Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro MD+.png (362.55 KiB) Viewed 7894 times
Mega SD MD+
Mega SD MD+
Mega SD MD+.png (253.94 KiB) Viewed 7894 times
retro

Unread post by retro »

frankbiv wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:44 pm Hello! I am still having issues with getting MD+ games to load on my Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro.
I also have a Terraonion Mega SD and everything works great!
For the Krikzz, I downloaded the ISPs, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
I believe I'm close, and I have a feeling I just need to rename some files?
Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Here are the screenshots of the Mega SD Folders/Files -and- of the Krikzz MEGA Everdrive Pro Folders/Files.
Thanks again so much! -Frank
AFAIK MD+ only works on Mega SD
the Mega Everdrive Pro only supports MSU-MD
douglasamcintosh

Unread post by douglasamcintosh »

Quick Question: Does this work if we convert them to CHD files ...

[Edit: Apparently not. Just gives me a lovely music CD]
chocomochino

Unread post by chocomochino »

daverhodus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am hiddenleaves, please PM me and help me get the correct MSU-1 files if you can.
i hate to say it, but i have them working on my megasd, but not on mister, can you help me with the link?
chocomochino

So, anyone knows how to convert a working md+ from MegaSD to a mister compatible one? or has a repo ot guide? i've been trying and can't get a guideline
MorkMikael

Unread post by MorkMikael »

MSU-MD works on the mister i think have only tested one game yet.MD+ i cant get too work. tested 2022-04-08
and chd work.
chocomochino

can you post a screenshot of the folder structure that is working for you please
MorkMikael

Unread post by MorkMikael »

you can cant convert md+ to msu-md you have to find a path that is made for msu-md as far as i know you must edit the rom code to support md+ or msu-md. and as far as i can find the code is made for that game only.
Torgo

Unread post by Torgo »

I'm on the road right now helping my mother recover from her knee replacement, and I only have a 10+ year old Macbook Pro, so I'm not able to patch anything myself (can't update the OS, thanks Apple), but the few pre-patched ROMs that I've been able to find are all working fine. I just wish that I cared about more of these games lol.
My search for pre-patched content has become futile :-/
Torgo

Unread post by Torgo »

I worked essentially all day yesterday, and loaded a lot of MSU content, so now I'm going through it all.
some of them don't work, and honestly, so just aren't very good. It's cool to have these though, and some of the new soundtracks are great to hear (having a lot of fun with Outrun for instance), but overall I still like how this was implemented on the SNES more. Still, very cool that this is working, and I'm very appreciative of all of the folks that made this happen.
neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

Anyone having luck with Street Fighter 2 Remastered and Super Street Fighter 2 MD+ Edition?

SF2 RE starts but when the Q Sound audio plays there is no more image and it will not continue

The SSF2 MD+ works but has no music
Relikk

Unread post by Relikk »

MD+ isn't supported on MiSTer, unfortunately.
neogeo81

Relikk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:26 am MD+ isn't supported on MiSTer, unfortunately.
Ok but what about the SF2 RE? That one is MSU.
Relikk

Unread post by Relikk »

You'd need the MSU-MD patched version. The original patch is no longer hosted on the authors GitHub, but if you do some digging around Archive.org you could probably find a pre-patched copy of it.

Also worth bearing in mind that the MSU-MD patch doesn't have the "heavy damage" improvement code that the MD+ version has.
neogeo81

Relikk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:12 am You'd need the MSU-MD patched version. The original patch is no longer hosted on the authors GitHub, but if you do some digging around Archive.org you could probably find a pre-patched copy of it.

Also worth bearing in mind that the MSU-MD patch doesn't have the "heavy damage" improvement code that the MD+ version has.
I found a full set with rom bin and cue but as I already explained the game starts with Pyron flash screen, then the SEGA in many colors with sound and then i can only hear the Capcom sound but only black screen and nothing happens.

This set works perfect on Openemu so it is strange that it doesn't on Mister.
crleny01

Unread post by crleny01 »

neogeo81 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:33 am
Relikk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:12 am You'd need the MSU-MD patched version. The original patch is no longer hosted on the authors GitHub, but if you do some digging around Archive.org you could probably find a pre-patched copy of it.

I found a full set with rom bin and cue but as I already explained the game starts with Pyron flash screen, then the SEGA in many colors with sound and then i can only hear the Capcom sound but only black screen and nothing happens.

Any solution?
neogeo81

crleny01 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:25 pm
neogeo81 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:33 am

Any solution?
i found another set on archive.org that works
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_M ... ar-support

I wrote this up real quick for ya'll who said you are having a problem. In general the usual culprit as to why it isn't working are either:

1. a bad patch
2. a badly patched rom
3. an md+ patched rom (not supported)
4. incorrect cuefile
5. The cartridge ROM is not placed in the same individual folder as the CUE/BIN (or CHD) or it's not renamed to "cart.rom".
birdybro~