Unable to start VooDoo Nightmare

badvision

Unable to start VooDoo Nightmare

Unread post by badvision »

It's really weird, I know you are supposed to be able to start the game by pressing the joystick button. However, nothing happens and it just keeps playing the intro music on the title screen with the credits screen alternating. I know the button mapping isn't weird because I've used it on other games with the same configuration. Am I missing something?
badvision

Re: Unable to start VooDoo Nightmare

Also worth noting, I have tried this with the Automation 411 disk version as well as the 3gb HDD version. Both load to the title screen but do not allow starting the game. Have also tried TOS1.02 (with disk, 1meg), TOS1.06 (with disk, 1mb) and then TOS2.06/STE/2MB for HDD version. No dice.

Also renamed trashcan to Amiga just in case that would help but no effect really.
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Hi @badvision,

Just tried the version of WoWroms and it works perfectly on my Mister

MiSTer: v211112

AtariST: core 210724
Memory : 1mb
Tos : 1.00
Chipset : ST
Blitter: off
voodoo.png
voodoo.png (163.63 KiB) Viewed 6828 times

かすりん

badvision

Thanks @kathleen for confirming. I have not tried TOS 1.00 but I don't know that the ROM version would matter too much. What did you use to start the game, the joystick button? Do you have swap joysticks enabled or no? Any other configuration/mappings?

Again, thanks! :D Don't want to have to stoop so low that I play the Amiga version... :twisted:

-Brendan
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

@badvision,

I've just tried for you with the TOS 1.04 and with no surprise it works also.
To answer to your question, JOYSTICK SWAP ; NO.
And I used the joypad button to enter to the game. It takes about 25 seconds from the moment where I pressed it and when the game starts.
BUT : I've noticed that after the 1st screen, there are glitches. Maybe I should try another version... SO, so far, the game starts, it is playable but there is some bugs.

EDIT : I've just tried the version from myabandonware.com and it works now perfectly (The cracked MCA version)
One more time the graphic issues were coming from the image disk and not from the core :-).

かすりん

badvision

25 seconds -- Yeah that sounds like the duration of time required for the game to finish loading (disk activity light is on, etc.) I'm not sure why I'm having trouble with this then but I do appreciate you took the time to check if it _can_ work. I updated the linux and mister core versions to match what you had but still dice. I am not sure how it would be related but maybe some bogus mapping with my PS3 controller? Thanks again @kathleen :)