MiSTerCade DE10 swap help

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
DMSLYR

MiSTerCade DE10 swap help

Unread post by DMSLYR »

So I managed to get a MiSTerCade this last round of availability. Yay!

The problem I have encountered is that there are no DE-10s to be found anywhere.

I do have a preassembled in a case MiSTer from Porkchop express. I'm probably going to have to disassemble the case and leverage the DE10 from it for the MiSTerCade. Anyone done this before or anything I should be aware of before I start? I'd hate to mess up the one perfectly good DE10 I have because I was unaware of something that should be taken into account before hand.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
pacoarcade

Re: MiSTerCade DE10 swap help

Unread post by pacoarcade »

Beware of static electricity, always manipulate the DE10-Nano using a grounded ESD wrist.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Remember to unplug the SD-card and the usb bridge board that goes from the de-10 to the usbhub before doing anything with the case.
There have been one or two here on the forum that has mangled a sd card and or the sd slot on the de-10!

Other then that besides kick out all the cats and don´t sit on a long haired mat/rug when handling the de-10 :mrgreen: i have nothing more :lol:
allyourbasekris

Unread post by allyourbasekris »

I've removed my nano from multiple IO boards and transplanted it into different cases multiple times. The trick is even pressure and go slow. Try not to bend your pins so as you remove it keep it as flat as possible. As others have said, remove everything from the nano first, check the ports on the nano before removing everything and it should be fine.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Also, save that 5 gallon jug of celebratory moonshine until after the operation!