Would be great if this core got the Srg320 treatment.

vanfanel

Re: Would be great if this core got the Srg320 treatment.

Unread post by vanfanel »

@brNX: Is it me or you finally got the Super Hunchback tittle screen right with the latest version of the core? :o :o :o
brNX

Unread post by brNX »

vanfanel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:31 am @brNX: Is it me or you finally got the Super Hunchback tittle screen right with the latest version of the core? :o :o :o
All the credit goes to paulbnl , and yeah it's finally gone :D
vanfanel

@brNX, @paulnb: Thanks for this! It shows how accurate this public Gameboy now is :D
There's still some strange cracking sound in Super Hunchback when you press start on the tittle screen, before the game starts, like "tac tac tac tac tac tac tac!", can you see/hear it? Also happens after the bonus rounds, when bonus counting is being done.
brNX

Unread post by brNX »

vanfanel wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:49 pm @brNX, @paulnb: Thanks for this! It shows how accurate this public Gameboy now is :D
There's still some strange cracking sound in Super Hunchback when you press start on the tittle screen, before the game starts, like "tac tac tac tac tac tac tac!", can you see/hear it? Also happens after the bonus rounds, when bonus counting is being done.
Yup, there's definitely odd behaviour there
brNX

Unread post by brNX »

@vanfanel

I think I have good news , my latest PR fixed it , at least I don't manage to reproduce it again.
vanfanel

@brNX: That's great! I will test it as soon as there is a build with that... :)
SegaSnatcher

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

WOW, would have never thought that 8 months later the GB core would shape up to where its at now. Absolutely amazing, thank you to everyone who contributed to making this core that much better.

Paulb, BRNx and FPGAZumSPass, you should all be proud of your work, this core deserved it.
SegaSnatcher

Didn't feel like a new thread was appropriate for this post so just posting in this thread instead.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Gameboy ... issues/143

I'm kinda surprised we are almost a year since I posted the Gameboy issue above and not a single dev has even commented. Is there really no interest from any dev into even looking into this issue that affects a lot of games? I don't feel its a minor issue at all. I understand devs will work on what they want on their own time, but I feel like this would be an issue worthy of being prioritized given the list of games that are affected. I am extremely happy to see more mapper support and such, but just wondering if anyone has taken a look into this issue behind the scenes. Thank You
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I remember that bug ruining my Defender and Cannon Fodder GBC games on my GBA.
SegaSnatcher

LamerDeluxe wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:07 am I remember that bug ruining my Defender and Cannon Fodder GBC games on my GBA.
Yeah its odd. If MiSTer Gameboy core was trying to emulate how GBA plays GBC games then I guess you can call it accurate, but I would assume the goal is to make it behave like an actual GBC.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

SegaSnatcher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:13 am
LamerDeluxe wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:07 am I remember that bug ruining my Defender and Cannon Fodder GBC games on my GBA.
Yeah its odd. If MiSTer Gameboy core was trying to emulate how GBA plays GBC games then I guess you can call it accurate, but I would assume the goal is to make it behave like an actual GBC.
I wonder what the difference is in how this works on the GBC and GBA and why the MiSTer core turned out the same way the GBA plays the digital audio.