Jotego's RoboCop Beta Core Released to Patreon Subscribers

Xbytez
Site Admin

Jotego's RoboCop Beta Core Released to Patreon Subscribers

Unread post by Xbytez »

Jotego's has made available to his patreon subscribers a beta release of his RoboCop core.
Although there are some problems with percussion sounds, Robocop now has its own core, based on that of Bad Dudes. The protection CPU is different though. I need a bit more time to check that the protection CPU speed is correct, although, it may not impact the gameplay in a noticeable way.
Jotego's patreon is here:
https://www.patreon.com/topapate/

hiddenbyleaves

Re: Jotego's RoboCop Beta Core Released to Patreon Subscribers

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Well, give the man a hand!
Reg

Unread post by Reg »

Thank you - made a video - already a Pateron - but pushed Jotego's pateron at every moment within the video for those who are not on this site.
ROBOCOP TITLE.png
ROBOCOP TITLE.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 17285 times
https://youtu.be/KRaKz0BBbfs

What a core - had no idea this was coming - this alone is worth my yearly Pateron cost to me personally.
MikkyTee

Unread post by MikkyTee »

Just been playing a few minutes, but it seems very buggy? crashes before i get to the pistol part on stage 1.. and freezes up even just in the demo.
johhenrik

Unread post by johhenrik »

MikkyTee wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:38 pm Just been playing a few minutes, but it seems very buggy? crashes before i get to the pistol part on stage 1.. and freezes up even just in the demo.
Works just fine for me. Try redownloading the roms perhaps?
MikkyTee

johhenrik wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:43 pm
MikkyTee wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:38 pm Just been playing a few minutes, but it seems very buggy? crashes before i get to the pistol part on stage 1.. and freezes up even just in the demo.
Works just fine for me. Try redownloading the roms perhaps?
Ok, tried that still freezes up, music still plays but movement stops. Very odd, i've never had any issues with games until now :|
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

it's still in Beta afterall ;)
Hoots

Unread post by Hoots »

Also works fine for me.
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Murphy
Dreams don't die!
RascalUK

Unread post by RascalUK »

Fine for me too. Outputting via analogue with a 128 memory board.
Shuffle7

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

Initially I had problems getting this to run. Black screen and or just the score and energy bars showing in game and attract screen. Then I ran update all it downloaded robocop again and worked not sure if it was my doing (as I deleted robocop.zip in mame folder etc , tried a few things ) or if jotego updated the core about 2pm this afternoon as that’s when it update all grabbed robocop files again. Now works . Amazing release
jaastamand

Unread post by jaastamand »

Guys I'm sorry - supernoob here but for $5 a month how can we not support jotego? That being said I've got this game loaded and my regular coin and start buttons aren't working. I even did a remap using the mister menu and have it corresponding. Same controller that works everywhere else - for the life of me I can't insert a coin and hit start (even though I mapped them to select and start). Am I missing something?
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

jaastamand wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:42 am Guys I'm sorry - supernoob here but for $5 a month how can we not support jotego? That being said I've got this game loaded and my regular coin and start buttons aren't working. I even did a remap using the mister menu and have it corresponding. Same controller that works everywhere else - for the life of me I can't insert a coin and hit start (even though I mapped them to select and start). Am I missing something?
See here:
New cores - The beta phase

When I develop new cores, these are available for download during the beta phase only if you enable it. Follow the instructions in this video to enable beta download.

Cores in beta phase have their inputs locked up unless you place the file jtbeta.zip in the folder games/mame of your SD card. The jtbeta.zip can be found in Patreon and our Discord server.

Beta testers provide feedback about the cores and also financial support thanks to the beta test program. Please join the beta group if you want to contribute to further development.
https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

The JTbeta.zip file changes every month. So remember to keep it up to date
CeeDeeVee

Unread post by CeeDeeVee »

became a patron for this alone
Yorkshire fella, living in California, where no one understands a word I say unless it's a quote from Game of Thrones.
I do music, code and burn myself with soldering irons. Part dog, part wolf, all coffee addict.
jaastamand

Unread post by jaastamand »

Chris23235 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 am
jaastamand wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:42 am Guys I'm sorry - supernoob here but for $5 a month how can we not support jotego? That being said I've got this game loaded and my regular coin and start buttons aren't working. I even did a remap using the mister menu and have it corresponding. Same controller that works everywhere else - for the life of me I can't insert a coin and hit start (even though I mapped them to select and start). Am I missing something?
See here:
New cores - The beta phase

When I develop new cores, these are available for download during the beta phase only if you enable it. Follow the instructions in this video to enable beta download.

Cores in beta phase have their inputs locked up unless you place the file jtbeta.zip in the folder games/mame of your SD card. The jtbeta.zip can be found in Patreon and our Discord server.

Beta testers provide feedback about the cores and also financial support thanks to the beta test program. Please join the beta group if you want to contribute to further development.
https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
Thanks Chris. i definitely did, then I ran update_all, but the only thing I could bring up with it was a patron screen. Ultimately I went the long way - drilled into the zip and unpacked each file to it's directory manually, overwriting. That did it! Thanks for your help!
MikkyTee

Just an update on my issues, i just ran the update_all script again and it seems to work ok now, played on past level 3, and left it running for an hour with no hangups or issues, so not sure what was going on there but all is ok, many thanks to JT.
jotego
Core Developer

Unread post by jotego »

MikkyTee wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:19 am Just an update on my issues, i just ran the update_all script again and it seems to work ok now, played on past level 3, and left it running for an hour with no hangups or issues, so not sure what was going on there but all is ok, many thanks to JT.
A bad compilation made its way to the first beta by mistake. It was failing on some FPGA devices. I fixed it on the next day, after reviewing the log files. Apologies for that.
Open IP for many chips in my github account
RBF files for my MiSTer cores in jtbin
Support new IP and core development here
Seexelas

Unread post by Seexelas »

Hi

Is there something special with the display configuration on Robocop core beta ?

My Panasonic Oled won’t display past the boot loading bar, I see a quick image of robocop, thank goes like it is switching resolution and black screen.(I keep earing the sound). I tried HMDI on my AVR and direct to Tv.

I tried my Dell LCD Pc screen just goes fine on HMDI.

I have the latest jtbeta.bin in the mame folder.

Many Thanks
DiamondDave

Unread post by DiamondDave »

Seexelas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:00 am Hi

Is there something special with the display configuration on Robocop core beta ?

My Panasonic Oled won’t display past the boot loading bar, I see a quick image of robocop, thank goes like it is switching resolution and black screen.(I keep earing the sound). I tried HMDI on my AVR and direct to Tv.

Many Thanks
I'm having the same problem! The ROM loads, and I get about one second of audio and video then the screen goes black, and a few seconds later my TV menu comes up and says it cannot display this resolution. I've never had this occur using any other core/game and I've been using my MiSTer on this tv for over a year.
Seexelas

Unread post by Seexelas »

DiamondDave wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:21 am

Many Thanks
I'm having the same problem! The ROM loads, and I get about one second of audio and video then the screen goes black, and a few seconds later my TV menu comes up and says it cannot display this resolution. I've never had this occur using any other core/game and I've been using my MiSTer on this tv for over a year.
So it seems that the solution for me was to do a clean install of my Mister, since then, no more issues !
DiamondDave

Seexelas wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Many Thanks
So it seems that the solution for me was to do a clean install of my Mister, since then, no more issues !
Glad that worked, but I don't want to go to those lengths just to play Robocop haha! I will just live without it for now
lixir

Unread post by lixir »

Hey guys, I have an issue with a graphic glitch.
The health bar doesn't show correctly on my crt, but on the lcd it's just fine.
Any Idea ?

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... EAr7aU0UvV
LFT

Unread post by LFT »

DiamondDave wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:14 am

Glad that worked, but I don't want to go to those lengths just to play Robocop haha! I will just live without it for now
The Panasonic oled does not work with this core refresh rate.
In order to run this core you don't need to do a clean install.
You have to set vsync_adjust=0 in ini file.
You have to use this setting for all cores with refresh rate too far from 60hz.
DiamondDave

LFT wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:57 am
DiamondDave wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:14 am

The Panasonic oled does not work with this core refresh rate.
In order to run this core you don't need to do a clean install.
You have to set vsync_adjust=0 in ini file.
You have to use this setting for all cores with refresh rate too far from 60hz.
Thanks! I tried this a week or so ago and figured it out, but that was the issue.
bix1966

Unread post by bix1966 »

Hi everyone, thanks for the great job! I inserted, as indicated, the file jtbeta.zip in the folder, I started the update_all but I can't find in the Rom Arcade Robocop ... Where am I wrong? Thank you
Edit...
Install Beta Cores...TRUE!!! :roll: