No HDMI output specifically with SNES core

ericspruce

No HDMI output specifically with SNES core

Unread post by ericspruce »

I am new to Mister and trying to get the SNES core working. As soon as I start the SNES core I lose HDMI signal to my monitor, and I'm not sure how to debug further. I am having no issues with other cores like NES and GBA. I had a similar issue with the Genesis core. I cannot get signal even after hitting F12 and the OSD button on my digital IO board.

I setup with Mr. Fusion and have run a full update.

I have visited the Github page for SNES and followed the instructions, including downloading the BSX bios and dropping it in the games/SNES folder.

Is there any other configuration required for SNES to work out of the box with HDMI that I am missing? Any other recommended debug steps?

Edit:

Here is some additional info:
- I have 128MB of SDRAM. It passes memtest.
- The 'reset' button doesn't recover the DS-10 board. I have to power cycle to get back to the main menu
- I have tried the two previous released versions of the .rbf file from Github without any different behavior
- I am using the "digital" addon board from mister addons.

Edit 2:
After some help on discord, I realized that I was downloading the website on Github and not the raw .rbf file. One I downloaded the raw file contents (and verified the file size was approx 4mb) it worked perfectly.