Murder Club Speech

Televicious

Murder Club Speech

Unread post by Televicious »

I just recently discovered J.B. Harold's Murder Club, and played through for a couple hours, but then i was checking on youtube and realized there is supposed to be speech in game for like 90% of the dialog. I'm using the NTSC-U version. Was it not included on this version or is it missing due to a core bug? I'm gonna try the Japanese release next I suppose. Really want to get the speech working.
dshadoff
Core Developer

Re: Murder Club Speech

Unread post by dshadoff »

I just tried on my own rip and also on original hardware.
I did some random movement and "talking" to people, but I wasn't able to find a section where speech was uttered, including on real hardware.
But I have some vague recollection from 30 years ago that speech might exist somewhere in the game.

Please walk me through a specific scenario where speech should come out, and I can verify.
If it involves more than a couple of minutes of preparation, please provide a savegame so I can get to it quickly; I can then verify on both an independent rip and original hardware/original disc.

As this game was published on multiple platforms, YouTube videos may be deceiving; not all versions were released with the same capabilities.
KnC

Unread post by KnC »

you need to turn narration on in the investigation rest menu its silent as default
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

Yeah, I just found that (had to search in the game's manual !)

Then I verified that it functions on both original hardware and MiSTer.
Televicious

Unread post by Televicious »

Oh man, life saver. Those hidden menus! Thank you.