Is My New BlisSTer Board Faulty?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
Einherje

Is My New BlisSTer Board Faulty?

Unread post by Einherje »

Hello all

I recieved my Ultimate BlisSTer from Ricardo from ultimatemister.com not long ago and am really struggling to make it work.

Low-latency port 2 is working fine and updating as expected by means of the blisSTer update script, but Low-latency port 1 is completely unresponsive and will not accept any adapter. I cannot update it either as per the photo below.

blisster.jpg

I do remember to press the reset button for Low-latency port 1 as I try to update.

I have tried to reset the board multiple times (by holding reset button for Low-latency port 2 while powering on) as suggested by sources I found online, but the problem persists.

Also the Power Switch Toggle on the BlisSTer board seems to restart the MiSTer - it does not power the device on and off as I observe is the case when I watch other people use the Ultimate BlisSTer in YouTube videos.

Lastly the board seems to forgets my WIFI dongle whenever I power off the device and often cannot find it again until I reseat it in one of the USB ports several times - in these cases I have to run the WIFI script again. Its a WIFI dongle which should work on MiSTer out of the box (Netgear A6100). It does not forget to detect my Logitech Bluetooth dongle though - that one works consistently.

I'm also not sure I received a real time clock module I ordered, as I only see the time on the OSD dashboard when WIFI works? Or does it only kick into action within specific cores?

Sorry for all the noob questions - this is a completely new world to me. If you can point me to some solid documentation which might help me further along, I shall not waste anybody's time.

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Is My New BlisSTer Board Faulty?

Unread post by lamarax »

Hello and welcome!

The BlisSTer is not an officially supported peripheral; however you may want to join the Bliss-box discord server, in which you can find the CLI tool permitting you to properly configure P1 and P2 ports.

You apparently also want to flash your board to the newest firmware. Ricardo (ultimatemister.com) has the needed script included in the SD card. Search for "BlisSTer" in the 'scripts' folder.

Here, try these; replace everything on your SD with the contents:
BlisSTer.zip
These are the latest, taken directly from my setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

The holding the port button while turning on the blisster is doing a deeper/forced update, the normal run script then press hold button is not as "deep".

I did have the same problem but port 1 did update fine but not port 2, i do only use port 1 so i let it be for 6months or so and tried again hoping a new update would fix it but no it did not help.
So read around a bit and did find the hold port button when powering up blisster that i did not know about earlier.
I thought about that the blisster do power on the de-10 and decided to do this on my windows pc and did not even try doing it on the de-10.

Just use a regular usb cable to the same port you connect the de-10 then use bliss-box's api tool.
Using the api tool and doing a normal update by pressing and hold the port button did not work on port 2 either.
Download the api tool at the bottom of the page and then the 3,0 FW at the top https://bliss-box.net/downloads/
Einherje

Unread post by Einherje »

Thanks for your answers. Eventually I got out of the woods by pressing and holding the reset button the entire time while powering on the MiSTer and updating the port via the version of the update script included in the ZIP archiving from Lamarax. I did fool around with the API tool but only found diagnostic commands as well as the ability to map player 1 and 2 to the respective low-latency ports?