imgset.exe in batch file

Quasi_stomach

imgset.exe in batch file

Unread post by Quasi_stomach »

Hi,

I'm trying to see if I can run imgset.exe in a batch file so I can load an ISO before running a CD game. When I try, the game tells me it can't find the CD. If I then try to change to the e: drive (my IDE10 drive), I can see that the disc is loaded. If I then run the game, it works. But it only seems to work after I have gone to the drive and run a dir or something.

Is this normal behavior? Is there a timing issue (it takes too long after running imgset before the disc is available)? Or is it because I'm running it in a batch file?
Schyz

Re: imgset.exe in batch file

Unread post by Schyz »

Maybe it's not a matter of changing to the optical drive, maybe it's just a matter of giving it a few seconds.

If you need to introduce a pause into a batch file, you can try something like this:

Code: Select all

choice /t:y,5 /n Loading...
Quasi_stomach

Re: imgset.exe in batch file

Unread post by Quasi_stomach »

Schyz wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:52 pm If you need to introduce a pause into a batch file, you can try something like this:

Code: Select all

choice /t:y,5 /n Loading...
This worked! Clever use of the already available choice instead of trying to find an old delay utility. I've got several games set up with batch files to load the CD. Now I only need CD audio to work!