PSX Gamma Correction

serssi

PSX Gamma Correction

Unread post by serssi »

Greetings to All!

In the latest build of the PSX core the gamma correction option in video processing section is greyed out and I was unable to find the way to enable it (tried different output options - hdmi/vga, direct/non-direct video). Gamma correction option is available in other cores.
And at this point I cannot remember whether it was active at all earlier at some point.

My problem is simple - I have and old Sony KV-series TV that have non-perfect gamma response and the picture looks somewhat washed out so I gamma corrected it (I used X-Rite Display One colorimeter to measure different IRE values and to calculate correction tables for this particular TV and it made a great difference for genesis/nes/snes cores).
Another question - does anybody know if gamma correction tables support separate correction of r,g,b channels (I think I have seen it somewhere in the source code..)? This would allow for better grayscale calibration for TVs that do not have build-in settings for such corrections.
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: PSX Gamma Correction

Unread post by akeley »

serssi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:51 am My problem is simple - I have and old Sony KV-series TV that have non-perfect gamma response and the picture looks somewhat washed out so I gamma corrected it (I used X-Rite Display One colorimeter to measure different IRE values and to calculate correction tables for this particular TV and it made a great difference for genesis/nes/snes cores).
It might be unrelated but perhaps you're actually encountering this problem:
viewtopic.php?t=614
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... e491167457