MiSTer creating new content folders in SD root and redirecting. Persists after deleting/reboot!

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
nonono

MiSTer creating new content folders in SD root and redirecting. Persists after deleting/reboot!

Unread post by nonono »

Hi all

I've had my MiSTer for years and never had this problem before. It's starting to get beyond irritating.

All of my ROM folders are within SD:/games/ and should (and always have done) load from there.

However, the cores for GB, GBA, MegaCD, Neogeo, NES and SNES keep redirecting from the rom folders in /games/ to the SD card root, creating empty folders for each core.

If I delete the folders while the MiSTer is on and reload the core, it redirects correctly to the folder in /games/. However if I reboot the MiSTer, it creates these folders again and redirects back to them! And it's only these cores. I haven't even loaded the NeoGeo one for months! Other cores such as Mega Drive, TG16 and SMS are not affected and still load from their respective folders in SD:/games/

Any ideas?

screenshot2022-04-13ajnjo8.png
screenshot2022-04-13ajnjo8.png (273.41 KiB) Viewed 902 times
matthewpont

Re: MiSTer creating new content folders in SD root and redirecting. Persists after deleting/reboot!

Unread post by matthewpont »

I think I'm getting this as well.

Suddenly my MiSTer root folder looks like the attached screenshot, and the cores no longer look in the /games/CORE/ folder by default.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (36.16 KiB) Viewed 915 times