What cores work with the Guncon 3 ?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
FatSlob71

What cores work with the Guncon 3 ?

Unread post by FatSlob71 »

And Games ? :)
toastboy

Re: What cores work with the Guncon 3 ?

Unread post by toastboy »

When guncon support was still in the alpha stages, I snapped up a cheap pair of guncon2's from ebay before the rush starts and the prices go up.

So far I've not tried them, but now guncon support is in main, it would be good to know at least one well-supported core/rom for testing purposes.
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

Looks like at least NES/SNES/Genesis/PSX. Basically anything that has gun controller support in the core will work with the Guncon 3. Cores don't have to specifically support it, Main/Linux takes care of all the driver and translation stuff, so any gun supporting core will work.
southpaw

Unread post by southpaw »

I have been testing the Guncon 2 with my MisTer today.

SNES, SMS and PSX and core work very well. Genesis/MegaCD is mixed. I've found in Lethal Enforcers II (both Genesis and MegaCD) that when I press start to continue it will register as start for player 2 at the same time. Then from there the Guncon has some weird behavior sometimes.

I tried Mad Dog Mcree in MegaCD and somehow my shots were registering to the left of the crosshair.

NES core I wasn't able to get hit anything in Duck Hunt. It would make the trigger sound and I could see the crosshairs but it wasn't registering hits.

Turning up the brightness on my CRT also seemed to help as it was having some issues with darker targets at first.

But it's still great to be able to play a few Guncon PSX games. I tried Lethal Enforcers I & II with the Guncon patch and it was working well.