MiSTer CRT Guide

Community created YouTube tutorials, interviews and helpful online information guides.
akeley
Top Contributor

MiSTer CRT Guide

Unread post by akeley »

MiSTer CRT Guide is now a part of the MiSTer Wiki. It's dedicated to all the information regarding using MiSTer with CRT sets.

Direct link: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... -CRT-Guide or you can find it on the wiki's sidebar under "Add-Ons / Using CRT TVs & monitors".

While the main sections are more or less "complete", there are still some topics which could use expanding, and of course pointing out any mistakes or new/better solutions to the existing ones would be most welcome. You can edit it directly, or post your comments in this thread. The main sections which could use some more love atm are:
-Core OSD Settings
-Custom Video Modes modeline making how-to
-adding more content to the F.A.Q.

Many thanks to thorr & FoxbatStargazer for their helpful advice and modelines, all the other people whose contributions I lifted for this guide, core devs who look after us CRT chickens, and of course Sorgelig, who despite his aversion to this "technological dead end" is still willing to support it in MiSTer ;)
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer CRT Guide

Unread post by lamarax »

Great job in collating and digesting valuable info which has been scattered all over the internets!
thorr
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer CRT Guide

Unread post by thorr »

FYI - I sent akeley a how-to document for creating modelines. I probably have more ideas how to add to it but hopefully it is helpful and a good start.