Somehow I broke all the CD based cores

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
futurebreaksSF

Somehow I broke all the CD based cores

Unread post by futurebreaksSF »

I've had the MiSTer for about a year or so with no problems, and mainly used the old Update_All script every couple of months. I'm using it on a Sony PVM and its the best! Yesterday I updated from the old Update_All script to the new one, and ran it without problems. Al the cores worked without any issues.

Today I grabbed the latest PSX core for the first time and my 1001 bios and put them in the proper places. The PSX startup sequence completed however ever time I selected a game folder (containing a bin+cue file) the MiSTer would lock up completely with no access to anything. I would have to turn it off with the button.

I looked into the PSX core specific forum and they mentioned specific updaters unstable_update_main-nightlies.sh and unstable-update_psx-nightlies. viewtopic.php?t=3695 I ran both and errors came up but they disappeared before I could read them.

Now for whatever reason, when I try to run Turbo CD or Mega CD games, the game will initially load but then I lose all controller functionality and the game freezes. Even more strange is the lights on the controller blink like its reconnecting even though its fine outside of the core. If I try to run the PSX core, no PSX start up sequence plays and it sits on a black screen with access to the OSD, but again freezes on selecting a game folder.

The other seemingly new random problem is now sometimes HDMI output does not work in some games when it did before, yet always returns when I go back to the main menu. The analog output doesn't seem impacted at all.

The arcade cores and non-CD cores work just fine.

My MiSTer:

DE10-nano
-Powered USB Hub v2.1 w/micro USB bridge
-Analog I/O v6.1 w/fan
-Copper heatsink
-128MB XSDRAM v2.5
-256GB SanDisk SD card
-Inline power switch
-Archer T2U-nano wifi dongle

Anyway any help would be appreciated. Last two days have been a MiSTerollercoaster.
Tehashen

Re: Somehow I broke all the CD based cores

Unread post by Tehashen »

Check your MiSTer file.
I had a similar issue some time ago.
futurebreaksSF

Unread post by futurebreaksSF »

are you referring to the mister.ini file?
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

futurebreaksSF wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:23 pm are you referring to the mister.ini file?
I think he is refering to the file called MiSTer on your card. Re-Downloading it would have been my advice as well.