eXoDOS 5.0

msamiullah

eXoDOS 5.0

Unread post by msamiullah »

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the ExoDos 5 7000 games pack and ran the Setup.bat file. I also downloaded eXoConverter 0.9.2-beta and ran it, choose the eXoDOS\eXo\eXoDOS as path for romset. However, I am getting following error:

J:\Downloads\eXoDOS\eXo\eXoDOS is not a directory, doesn't exist, or is not a valid exo Collection directory
Did you install the collection with setup.bat beforehand ?

What am I doing wrong here. I am doing this to build by custom AO486 VHD for my mister.
thorr
Top Contributor

Re: eXoDOS 5.0

Unread post by thorr »

flynnsbit created several informative how-to videos on youtube. They are a little out of date, but might help.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

J: is probably just what is compiled by default into the ExodosConverter. You can just simply change the path in the front end to where your exodos location actually is and save.

The basics are still here: https://youtu.be/PVBkEm0lGsI?t=223 with some small changes. Exoconverter will do everything for you now so you can just drop it into a correctly configured VHD. (Two partitions not one)
JWDog

Unread post by JWDog »

I have ran the setup for eXoDOS5 and it hangs at the part it asks about whether you want the video to be full screen or windowed. Does this mean it still is completed? I can open up the LaunchBox.exe file and it runs. Please advise if there is something I am missing. I am also having trouble the eXoDOS converter but, I will ask that question under that specific topic. Just wanted to make sure my setup for eXoDOS5 is correct and no problems if it hangs that the point I described. Thanks.