JT Friday Update

jca
Top Contributor

JT Friday Update

Unread post by jca »

Today Jotego announced an update to Ghosts.n Goblins where he added the missing Color Flash special effect.
Running the update I saw a bunch of other JT updates (cores, mras, new mras and zips).
The main update relates to Sega 16: gone is the annoying Key File Missing popup (including the alternatives), E-W Swat (Set 4) is back, Body Slam still gives a black eye screen.
There are also other jtcores updates Which I did not check at this time.
I also found some strange things/problems which I will report later as I have to figure out what is what.
jca
Top Contributor

Re: JT Friday Update

Unread post by jca »

New Sega 16 mras and zips:
Ace Attacker (aceattac.zip) -> Black Screen
Heavyweight Champion (hwchamp.zip)
Major League (mjleague.zip)
SDI Strategic Defense Initiative (sdi.zip)
Sukeban Jansi Ryuko (sjryuko.zip)
Super League (suprleag.zip)
Waku Waku Ultraman Racing (ultracin.zip)

Note:
This is not a real test , I just checked that they load and do not crash during the demo.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Status of the Sega 16 update
Note: this is not a real test as I just test that the demo runs.

Update of the Main mras
The Key File Missing popup is gone.
3 mras give a black screen:
Ace Attacker (FD1094 317-0059)
Body Slam (World, S16) [8751 317-0015]
Quartet (Rev A, 4p, World, S16A) [8751 315-5194]

Update to the Alternatives
The Key File Missing popup is gone.
There are some problems:
Black screen
Dump Matsumoto (Japan, S16A) [8751 317-0011a] (Body Slam) while the screen is black there is a small sound loop at the start
Center Court (World, 4 Players, prototype) (MC-8123B) (Passing Shot)
Passing Shot (Japan, 4 Players) (FD1094 317-0070)
Passing Shot (World, 4 Players) (FD1094 317-0074)
Quartet (4p, World, S16A) [8751 315-5194]
Quartet 2 (World, S16A) [8751 317-0010]
Note 1: while the main Quartet mra and the 2 alternatives mentioned above give a black screen there is one alternative which loads.
Quartet 2 (World, S16A) [No Protection]
Note 2: he alternative of Ace Attacker works while the main mra gives a black screen.

No demo sound
Bay Route (set 1, US) (unprotected)
Fantasy Zone (Prototype, S16A) [No Protection]
Fantasy Zone (World, S16A) [317-5000]
Note: I did not check if there is sound during play.

Alternatives for which there has been no update
They still give the Key File Missing popup.
Shinobi (Beta Bootleg, World, S16A) [No Protection]
Shinobi (Set 1 Bootleg, World S16A) [No Protection]
Shinobi (Star Bootleg, World, S16A) [No Protection]
Tetris (Set 3 Bootleg, Japan, S16A) [No Protection]

Note:
I also discovered that alternatives can contain mras from different cores. For example the Tetris alternatives have mras for both Sega 16 and Atari.
Hodor

Unread post by Hodor »

Although System 16 core is public, Jotego has claimed that there are several issues unresolved, some of them of certain importance. It´s been a core much more difficult to tackle than expected.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I know all about it, I just wanted to post some kind of status of the core(s)
It is mainly a test of what is loading, not what is playable.
It also shows what are the new mras and zips.
It also indicated that if you want to test Ace Attacker you have to use the alternative and for Quartet you have to use a specific alternative.
I just hope it will be useful to someone. Reading your post it does not look like it is useful to you.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Besides the update to Sega 16 there were also updates to other cores/mras. I only tested a few things, here is what I found.
Some mras still have the Key File Missing popup:
Fast Lane
Mikie
MX5000
Konami's Ping Pong
Road Fighter
Hyper Sports

There was also an update to jttrack.rbf but I cannot find the Track & Field mra.
Edit:
What I mean is that the update script did not download it. I know where to get it, which I did and got the zip via Mame Getter.
This mra also displays the Key File not Found popup.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

On the 2nd post I said I found some new games. Sorry to say but they are gone: today I ran the update all script and all the mras relative to these games were removed.
Exception: Quartet alternatives remain.
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

jca wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:08 pm On the 2nd post I said I found some new games. Sorry to say but they are gone: today I ran the update all script and all the mras relative to these games were removed.
Exception: Quartet alternatives remain.
https://github.com/jotego/jtbin/commit/ ... 599375d53d

Removed. These titles are unsupported. You can always use github to file an issue or notify someone on jt's discord. This forum is rarely checked for tracking bugs with jt's cores.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Surprise, surprise: Quartet alternatives have just been removed (not unexpected). I have this strange feeling of having a stalker looking over my shoulder and reading everyone of my posts.
To the stalker: do not forget I mentioned quite a few mras still displaying the annoying Key File Missing popup, an update with the popup removed would be highly appreciated.
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

Does this mean you can now actually play the sega 16 games? Previously they would not take inputs and it wasn’t possible to remap the controls either.
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

jca wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 am Surprise, surprise: Quartet alternatives have just been removed (not unexpected). I have this strange feeling of having a stalker looking over my shoulder and reading everyone of my posts.
To the stalker: do not forget I mentioned quite a few mras still displaying the annoying Key File Missing popup, an update with the popup removed would be highly appreciated.
Get a life. File a bug report or stfu.

Edit: Bitching about a key file error, pay three bucks or remove that rom index yourself. You aren't owed jack shit.

Edit #2: Public forum, public post... I'm a stalker? Like, are you special? I mean, that's some next level DSM-V shit right there. You gaslighting mf.
Hodor

Unread post by Hodor »

C-R-T wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:51 am Does this mean you can now actually play the sega 16 games? Previously they would not take inputs and it wasn’t possible to remap the controls either.
System 16 core is already public so yes, you can actually play the games. Not all of them though, because there are several issues yet.
Toya

Unread post by Toya »

jca wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 am Surprise, surprise: Quartet alternatives have just been removed (not unexpected). I have this strange feeling of having a stalker looking over my shoulder and reading everyone of my posts.
Stalker? What are you on about?
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Atrac is just very active and reads more of the forum posts here in the arcade cores forum than most of us do, no need to insult with calling him a stalker like this...
birdybro~
FatSlob71

Unread post by FatSlob71 »

When are the Controls going to be fixed so we can play them.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

FatSlob71 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:37 pm When are the Controls going to be fixed so we can play them.
jotego
@topapate

Robocop, Dragon Ninja, Midnight Resistance... a bunch of JT cores have been promoted to public releases thanks to Patreon supporters. Run update_all to get the cores & MRA files. #MiSTerFPGA
jurkevicz

Unread post by jurkevicz »

mame getter did not download the .zip roms for me.
Jlz

Unread post by Jlz »

I ran update_all (twice!) but RoboCop, Dragon Ninja, Midnight Resistance and Heavy Barrel all still show "this core is in beta phase" / "beta.bin not found"

What am I doing wrong?
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

You are not doing anything wrong. I would delete the associated mras, including alternatives, and run the update again.
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

jca wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:28 pm
FatSlob71 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:37 pm When are the Controls going to be fixed so we can play them.
jotego
@topapate

Robocop, Dragon Ninja, Midnight Resistance... a bunch of JT cores have been promoted to public releases thanks to Patreon supporters. Run update_all to get the cores & MRA files. #MiSTerFPGA
So i ran the update all yesterday just to see if anything changed and i noticed that these arcade cores suddenly were out of beta!
So i thought "didn't see any post regarding this on forum?!", but now i saw that it's in this thread! :lol:

Would it be an idea if we could get a sticky post mentioning which arcade cores are in what state?
Maybe a table that mentions the name / state / patreon (if applicable?) for future reference?

Just a random thought.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Something seems to have broken in Hyper Sports recently. The screen has an echo on the left hand side, a repeated block. Whatever is causing it makes the shooting event much harder. Its a very recent fault