Famicom/NES Joycons Lockup Input When Paired

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
daiig

Famicom/NES Joycons Lockup Input When Paired

Unread post by daiig »

Been trying to add the famicom joycon controller to MiSTer and when ever connect either one as soon as it pairs it locks up all input devices forcing a restart to continue.

There was an older post that said it was solved with an update..but I am updated to latests afaik - MiSTer v220108, OS v211112.

Has anyone successfully paired famicom/nes joycons recently? thanks.
darkangel33

Re: Famicom/NES Joycons Lockup Input When Paired

Unread post by darkangel33 »

I have 4 nes joycons and all work and pair up perfectly, even showing what player they are assigned to. I open up the OSD and push F11 then hold the sync button on the controller I am going to use and it works. This is all on the latest MiSTer update too.
Lucc79

Unread post by Lucc79 »

Same problem over here...
I got me the Famicom Switch controllers (the ones they sell online only) and, when I try to pair the left one with my Mister, it recognises it alright but then it freezes. I can´t even use a Usb controller to push "finish" and get out...

Found this too viewtopic.php?t=3174
But no update is fixing my problem...any ideas? All the other bluetooth controllers work fine, I even tried a different adaptor, no luck 😦
And they work fine with the Switch, even with my PC...
teller

Unread post by teller »

Same here, after pairing the Famicom Switch Online controller, MiSTer switches off or freezes my keyboard. It would be awesome using those controllers for authenticy within the NES/Famicom core.